IP Dynamic Address

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Technicolor C1100T and yes it is in Transparent Bridge Mode.
I pinged my DYNDNS address and sent 4 times and received 4 times 0 packet loss.

It has been up since 8-10 12:52pm. At some point I will not be able to connect and when I check the IP it has changed. My internet provider must change it every 3-7 days and the router is not updating.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This time it wont let me connect. The same IP. OpenVPN on phone says : waiting for server
OpenVPN on router says server is running.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well this morning I was able to connect. Them 10 minutes later it would not let me connect. I did notice in the VPN Server, this was happening. It just keeps spinning.

Server.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not know about your "Client will use VPN to access" I use vpn to access my home network only. The Both setting, appears to mean that when your phone is used to access the internet, the traffic first travel to your home system, then out on the the internet. Your phone does not access the internet directly when the VPN is running . If you make changes you need to export the client.ovpn again.

my settings
asus_vpn.jpg

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well I reset the client VPN access to local only and sent the export the client.ovpn again. Now when I try to connect is says This profile doesn't include a client certificate.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I am going to start all over with stock firmware and see what happens

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A low cost option I can recommend for a VPN is to use a Raspberry Pi. I also have a script running on the RPi that auto updates my dns which means I am not reliant on a DDNS service.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I also have a Raspberry Pi 4B running OpenVPN as a VPN Server. I also have a DDNS with Dyn that points back to my home network. It has been working extremely well. I followed the instructions at PIVPN: Simplest way to setup a VPN You can follow the install guide and have OpenVPN or Wireguard (or both) running as servers on the RPi. I also run PiHole on the RPi.

Getting a RPi could be an option for you.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well It was working. I went to log in and guess what. IP changed. Your profile on your phone does it have your ip address or the asuscomm.com. address for the profile,

This could be my problem the router is updating but the phone still has the old ip

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am running openvpn connect on my android phone. When I generate a .ovpn file from asus router setup as vpn server to export, it has the IP address at that time. When my IP address changes my phone has the old ovpn file so it will not connect. I have asus setup as DDNS. What am I doing wrong? Something is not updating.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is what is strange it shows my ip for my remote and not my xxxxx.asus.comm.com. My asus says it is registered. That is why it is not updating. As soon as my Ip changes my client on my phone does not work.

Should you be able to get to your lan by putting in your xxxxx.asus.comm.com?