IP PTZ outdoor Cam W/High optical zoom W/EZ setup??? Need Help!!

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
First off thanks for taking the time to read this! I've been researching PTZ cameras for the last three days. Here is my situation. I live in a shady neighborhood and I'm on a fixed income right now and I'm looking for a outdoor PTZ camera. I'm looking for something with 10-20x optical zoom and HD. I live in Michigan so it's going to have to work in extreme weather to some extent. I'm working off of a Securifi Almond+ WiFi extender. I get 113mbs off of it doing a speed test through Wifi so it should have enough bandwidth. I don't have a computer so I just use my iPad and iPhone. Most cameras say they are compatible with iPads and iPhones but I can't find any information on being able to initially set them up without a computer which I don't have. I could possibly borrow a laptop from somebody if I have to. I would also consider buying a NVR if it would make the process easier. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. So far I've felt the Sunba is the best for the money but doesn't seem to be as easy to set up as others. ( given my limited knowledge. That's why I'm here! ) please help! Thx for your time!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sunba is crap...Be prepared to so spend 350 on a ptz... Dahua starlight.... Bigger issue is whether you need ptz at all...You gonna sit there watching the camera all day?

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes PTZ is what I want to start with at first because I'm on disability and I sit home all day and watching a good PTZ cam would be fun and I plan on adding more cameras later. But I only have the money to buy one piece at a time. So I would like something that's easy to set up using my iPad or borrowing a laptop for the initial set up so I can just use my iPad for main viewing or a nvr hooked up to my main tv through HDMI

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
Well if Dahua is best for what I need for my situation what model suits my needs best and where is the best place to purchase given I live in the United States? I usually use Amazon but I don't see it available on there. Thanks in advance for your help!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score