IPC-5241E-Z12E offline (again)

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here we go again, another power failure... and once power is restored, the 5241 is not shown in the NVR camera list. i've rebooted, disconnected, attempted to add manually, etc and nothing. When I search by IP it shows up, but when i click the check box to transfer it to the bottom, the check mark disappears right after i check it. in the past i was able to move it to the bottom row and toggle between onvif/private and manually enter the password again and get a green light, however it was stuck on port 80. I've had nothing but issues with these cameras since i've purchased them. willing to give it one last shot before i sell it all.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do a hard reset on the camera.

Why are you having power failures. Get a correct size UPS. I have had 2 hour power failures an did not loose the system, except for the monitor.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i was able to get it online but it says 37777. i did a hard reset last time this happened. i had someone remote in and tried everything and had to reset it then. i have a UPS, but they don't last forever. even so, if i properly shut down the system and disconnect the power cable to perform some cable management the system should work properly when i turn it back on, if not then i dont need this cheesy setup. can you tell i'm frustrated?

37777.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i was able to get it online but it says 37777. i did a hard reset last time this happened. i had someone remote in and tried everything and had to reset it then. i have a UPS, but they don't last forever. even so, if i properly shut down the system and disconnect the power cable to perform some cable management the system should work properly when i turn it back on, if not then i dont need this cheesy setup. can you tell i'm frustrated?

View attachment 60083
You should certainly sell it and look at nest/ring arlo. Im willing to bet its a bad crimp.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i've got a bunch of other cam manufacturers and do beta testing. at least the apps update correctly, so many flukes with dahua. not a bad crimp, its a dahua nvr software issue or camera issue. i've already had to reset this several times and had help from a known person and still have issues. imagine starting your car and the windshield wipers wont shut off, or your radi ostops working one day, or the ac goes out, you restart the car and it works again, the next week you fill it up with gas and the lid wont stay shut, or the radio station presets change when after you save them over and over and over again. there's so many bugs with dahua it's nuts. literally every single day there's an issue, and i'd be GLAD to post it and screenshots if applicable. just pisses me off to no end.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i've got a bunch of other cam manufacturers and do beta testing. at least the apps update correctly, so many flukes with dahua. not a bad crimp, its a dahua nvr software issue or camera issue. i've already had to reset this several times and had help from a known person and still have issues. imagine starting your car and the windshield wipers wont shut off, or your radi ostops working one day, or the ac goes out, you restart the car and it works again, the next week you fill it up with gas and the lid wont stay shut, or the radio station presets change when after you save them over and over and over again. there's so many bugs with dahua it's nuts. literally every single day there's an issue, and i'd be GLAD to post it and screenshots if applicable. just pisses me off to no end.
I have hundreds of dahua cameras installed and dont see these problems. Thousands of dahua users on this forum, they dont have this problem. More importantly, there are thousands of installers who exclusively install dahua. Do you think they would install something that would cause them to have to roll a truck every week?
You have not even isolated the issue. You refuse to test properly - for god's sake test with a short premade cable. I suggest you cut your losses and move to another manufacture, preferably ring/arlo/nest.
This is exactly why dahua doesnt want to sell to inexperienced end users.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it's not the cable. end of story. (the cat 6 cables were terminated by me and tested with a $10k fluke network analyzer from the lab. i had 1 RJ45 that was "bad" because i had a brain fart and reversed the pinout. did the same on a yaesu ham radio with a detachable face - hey i'm no perfect).

my issue happened today when i turned my nvr off and back on.

I see tons of new posts daily on this forum with questions about operation, troubleshooting, failed firmware, tracking, settings, etc. so it's not just me. nothing is perfect, not even dahua, and of course the people that get free cameras are going to praise and continue to do so. like a race car driver, he's not born. sure he/she already knows how to drive, but its a skill that has to be learned, just like the learning curve of dahua. if this was the "end-all" of surveillance then the other companies would be out of business right? i make anywhere from 5-15 adjustments on my cameras daily trying to tweak them, from picture settings to time schedules, you name it. i'm still trying to "learn" but it's hard to when the equipment takes an unexpected dump. i think the horse is dead.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it's not the cable. end of story. (the cat 6 cables were terminated by me and tested with a $10k fluke network analyzer from the lab. i had 1 RJ45 that was "bad" because i had a brain fart and reversed the pinout. did the same on a yaesu ham radio with a detachable face - hey i'm no perfect).

my issue happened today when i turned my nvr off and back on.

I see tons of new posts daily on this forum with questions about operation, troubleshooting, failed firmware, tracking, settings, etc. so it's not just me. nothing is perfect, not even dahua, and of course the people that get free cameras are going to praise and continue to do so. like a race car driver, he's not born. sure he/she already knows how to drive, but its a skill that has to be learned, just like the learning curve of dahua. if this was the "end-all" of surveillance then the other companies would be out of business right? i make anywhere from 5-15 adjustments on my cameras daily trying to tweak them, from picture settings to time schedules, you name it. i'm still trying to "learn" but it's hard to when the equipment takes an unexpected dump. i think the horse is dead.
yes, sure. You are a beta tester for a bunch of camera manufactures, a networking expert with a 10k fluke tester. This is a USER forum where people come to post their issues. Of course there are going to be users here with problems. Just like there are USERS IN EVERY MANUFACTURE OR USER FORUM with lots of issues.
You claim to be an expert but need to learn. Make up your mind.
Ultimately you are an inexperienced user who may or may not have an issue with their camera or more likely an NVR. We will never know because you prefer to bitch about it.
You need nest/arlo/ring. Plug and play.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, sure. You are a beta tester for a bunch of camera manufactures, a networking expert with a 10k fluke tester. This is a USER forum where people come to post their issues. Of course there are going to be users here with problems. Just like there are USERS IN EVERY MANUFACTURE OR USER FORUM with lots of issues.
You claim to be an expert but need to learn. Make up your mind.
Ultimately you are an inexperienced user who may or may not have an issue with their camera or more likely an NVR. We will never know because you prefer to bitch about it.
You need nest/arlo/ring. Plug and play.
fenderman, Don't twist my words for your entertainment. i'm obviously frustrated enough as it is and kicking someone with they are down is uncouth. I said I own other cams from other manufacturers and do beta testing. and I never said i was a networking expert. We're all too familiar with your lackluster comments towards others on the forums, trust me it doesn't go unnoticed. furthermore, you are a STAFF member of this forum and should be setting a better example. If you are going to continue to throw rocks instead of try to help with me my issue then find another thread, enough is enough.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman, Don't twist my words for your entertainment. i'm obviously frustrated enough as it is and kicking someone with they are down is uncouth. I said I own other cams from other manufacturers and do beta testing. and I never said i was a networking expert. We're all too familiar with your lackluster comments towards others on the forums, trust me it doesn't go unnoticed. furthermore, you are a STAFF member of this forum and should be setting a better example. If you are going to continue to throw rocks instead of try to help with me my issue then find another thread, enough is enough.
You claim to have tested with a fluke. You lied. You wouldn't even know how to use it.
You wont tell me what to do on MY forum.
You are too LAZY to do basic troubleshooting.
You falsely claim dahua has all these issues implying that others dont. Please name them so I can find you posts in their user forums indicating otherwise.
Here are a few examples. This does not mean their products are bad. We just dont know the cause or the real frequency of issues.