IPC-Color4K-T180 Intermittent 'No Signal' in BI

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would forget about it and move on if it wasn’t for the fact that I “lose” a good 30sec of recording every time it happens. When I replay the recording through a no signal event the replay appears to freeze (camera time stamp doesn’t move) and then jumps ahead to where BI picks back up. This camera is my front door/porch camera and a lot can happen in 30sec.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh ok I misunderstood when you said you replayed during that time and it didn't hiccup - I think that was in reference to the slow ping.

Yeah, it is clear then that BI is picking up on something it thinks is a No Signal.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this stuff enable/disable under basic services. I'm just showing this to see if any of this will help you.

I'm running 5.7.8.3 version of BI

P2P off, ONVIF OFF

Basic Services.JPG

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this stuff enable/disable under basic services. I'm just showing this to see if any of this will help you.

I'm running 5.7.8.3 version of BI

P2P off, ONVIF OFF

View attachment 172703
Thanks, didn’t even know that config page was there nor do I know what any of those settings do! I turned off CGI and Genetec to match yours. I’ll see if that makes any difference…

EDIT: Running a newer version of BI 5.7.9.11 as I updated in hopes it would fix something.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would forget about it and move on if it wasn’t for the fact that I “lose” a good 30sec of recording every time it happens. When I replay the recording through a no signal event the replay appears to freeze (camera time stamp doesn’t move) and then jumps ahead to where BI picks back up. This camera is my front door/porch camera and a lot can happen in 30sec.
Try this. In the BI camera settings under the watchdog tab uncheck interpret monochrome video as signal loss.
Also uncheck send reboot and restart camera options to see if that stops the missing video on "signal loss".

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try this. In the BI camera settings under the watchdog tab uncheck interpret monochrome video as signal loss.
Also uncheck send reboot and restart camera options to see if that stops the missing video on "signal loss".
"Interpret Monochrome video as signal loss" was the only option checked in that tab. I unchecked it and will report back in the morning. After that I might even try unchecking the entire watchdog "Loss of Signal" and see what happens... Thanks!

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Interpret Monochrome video as signal loss" was the only option checked in that tab. I unchecked it and will report back in the morning. After that I might even try unchecking the entire watchdog "Loss of Signal" and see what happens... Thanks!
Well, unchecking "Interpret Monochrome video as signal loss" didn't fix the problem but turning off the Watchdog entirely by unchecking "determine loss of signal" sure did the trick. I had zero No Signal errors overnight. Turned it back on this morning and had a No Signal error within 10 minutes.

However, I'm worried this is just a band aide to keep the watchdog disabled and just suppresses the errors and I'm still going to have the video hiccups every ~8-10minutes. Thouhgts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did turning it off stop the breaks in video you were getting? If so, then I say go with it off until BI can figure out why that camera is being interpreted as an occasional No Signal.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're seeing video vs black during the "breaks," then I had something similar happening with a T5842 that I have. It would get the little yellow triangle and the main stream would stall for ~30 seconds or so as you describe. i.e., I could see the time stop. Then would jump to the right time after a while. The substream would continue on time just fine. Wasn't happening all of the time but frequently. Never did figure out why and nothing that I tried changing as far as the network or BI seemed to affect it. Posted here but nobody really had any solution. Eventually just resolved itself for whatever reason and haven't seen it happen for a long time now. I don't recall that it ever was showing no signal events. Just the yellow triangle.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running mine at this setting....if thats any help...haven't had any trouble with dropped signal from Outta the box.......Did you set it up in BI with Find Inspect? A Generic/ONVIF ?
It's running on a Cisco SG200-26P- (802.3 af) switch....Which is NOT POE + ( 802.3at)
Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, 802.3af PoE
I just now I added, and am configuring/bench testing a COLOR4K-x 8mp on defaults with LED's "on".
It's a little slower to " do it's thing" when you make changes and return to console view...but it is working.

1695367416329.png

1695367596967.png

Last edited:

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did turning it off stop the breaks in video you were getting? If so, then I say go with it off until BI can figure out why that camera is being interpreted as an occasional No Signal.
If you're seeing video vs black during the "breaks," then I had something similar happening with a T5842 that I have. It would get the little yellow triangle and the main stream would stall for ~30 seconds or so as you describe. i.e., I could see the time stop. Then would jump to the right time after a while. The substream would continue on time just fine. Wasn't happening all of the time but frequently. Never did figure out why and nothing that I tried changing as far as the network or BI seemed to affect it. Posted here but nobody really had any solution. Eventually just resolved itself for whatever reason and haven't seen it happen for a long time now. I don't recall that it ever was showing no signal events. Just the yellow triangle.
Since turning off the watchdog, I've tried to look at replays to find IF I'm still getting the blips, and for how long, but this isn't exactly easy to find. Before I would wait for the NO SIGNAL to pop up and could replay to that time stamp, but without the watch dog I'm watching through ~8-10min of replay to see if the timestamp freezes.

I'll email support to see what they say and continue to report back any progress. Appreciate all the help folks!

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running mine at this setting....if thats any help...haven't had any trouble with dropped signal from Outta the box.......Did you set it up in BI with Find Inspect? A Generic/ONVIF ?
It's running on a Cisco SG200-26P- (802.3 af) switch....Which is NOT POE + ( 802.3at)
Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, 802.3af PoE
I just now I added, and am configuring/bench testing a COLOR4K-x 8mp on defaults with LED's "on".
It's a little slower to " do it's thing" when you make changes and return to console view...but it is working.

View attachment 172877

View attachment 172878
My settings are essentially the same as yours except I'm using H.264 and not H.264H, 15FPS framerate and I Frame, and 4096 bit rate. The sub stream is disabled.

I bumped the frame rate and I Frame from 15 down to 10 for testing purposes. It ran for about an hour and zero NO SIGNAL errors!! However, I changed back to 15 and it's almost an hour with no error. So who knows.....

Reaction score
@SOB Any updates on the no signal issue? I'm having a similar issue with my Color4K-T180. I have 12 cameras total, two of them are the Color 4K-X, three Color 4K-T, one Color 4K-T180 and the rest are the 5442 series. I get no signal errors approximatively 5 to 10 times each day at random times. The issue only occurs with the Color 4K-T or Color 4K-T180 and they only drop out for approximatively 2 to 5 seconds each time. All of my cameras were stable until I added the color 4K-T180 to the system a few months ago. After that I started getting drop outs on all of my 4K-T cameras. None of the other cameras are affected including the Color-4K-X. It seems to only happen with cameras running the new web 5.0. The T180 replaced a 4mp 5442 camera which never dropped signal in over two years.

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@SOB Any updates on the no signal issue? I'm having a similar issue with my Color4K-T180. I have 12 cameras total, two of them are the Color 4K-X, three Color 4K-T, one Color 4K-T180 and the rest are the 5442 series. I get no signal errors approximatively 5 to 10 times each day at random times. The issue only occurs with the Color 4K-T or Color 4K-T180 and they only drop out for approximatively 2 to 5 seconds each time. All of my cameras were stable until I added the color 4K-T180 to the system a few months ago. After that I started getting drop outs on all of my 4K-T cameras. None of the other cameras are affected including the Color-4K-X. It seems to only happen with cameras running the new web 5.0. The T180 replaced a 4mp 5442 camera which never dropped signal in over two years.
I last reset the status counters 5 days ago. Yesterday morning (just around 4 days of runtime) there were a total of 14 Loss of Signal errors. As of this morning at day 5 there are now 23 errors. The only adjustments I've made were to bump the FPS down to 10 but then back up to 15 (as described in my previous post #36 above) and I may have also played with the bitrate changing from 4096 to 8192, then back down to 4096. I'm a little reluctant to mess with these settings any more as it's appeared to stabilize for the most part and I'm happy with the video/image quality.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I last reset the status counters 5 days ago. Yesterday morning (just around 4 days of runtime) there were a total of 14 Loss of Signal errors. As of this morning at day 5 there are now 23 errors. The only adjustments I've made were to bump the FPS down to 10 but then back up to 15 (as described in my previous post #36 above) and I may have also played with the bitrate changing from 4096 to 8192, then back down to 4096. I'm a little reluctant to mess with these settings any more as it's appeared to stabilize for the most part and I'm happy with the video/image quality.
Below is my settings.

A summary of what I have done :)

1. Change from regular cable to 23AWG Cat 6 cable (Numerous times)
2. Remove and Reinstall Cams in BI
3. Tried different versions of BI
4. Uninstall and Reinstall BI (Clean install, registry, folders in C drive etc)
5. Hard Reset cam via button on cam
6. Firmware upgrade (Hard reset 3x via Web GUI after firmware upgrade)
7. Change switch from no name brand to TP Link (TL-SG1008MP) to Cisco 3650 POE+
8. Play around with settings like codec, fps, bitrate etc

What works for me is below. Anything above 15fps is not stable.

Example 18fps, I can go for a day or 2 before having no signal issue. When I have the no signal issue, it will be like 2 to 5 times in a span of the entire day

4KT FPS.JPG

Last edited:

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Below is my settings.

A summary of what I have done :)

1. Change from regular cable to 23AWG Cat 6 cable (Numerous times)
2. Remove and Reinstall Cams in BI
3. Tried different versions of BI
4. Uninstall and Reinstall BI (Clean install, registry, folders in C drive etc)
5. Hard Reset cam via button on cam
6. Firmware upgrade (Hard reset 3x via Web GUI after firmware upgrade)
7. Change switch from no name brand to TP Link (TL-SG1008MP) to Cisco 3650 POE+
8. Play around with settings like codec, fps, bitrate etc

What works for me is below. Anything above 15fps is not stable.

Example 18fps, I can go for a day or 2 before having no signal issue. When I have the no signal issue, it will be like 2 to 5 times in a span of the entire day
Here are my settings. Haven't been able to put my finger on any one thing that breaks it. I also ruled out any apparent wiring/communication issues aside from BI and camera compatibility, etc. Seems to be pretty stable for me now so I think I'll stop before I break it again :)
1696267044847.png