IPC-HDBW4421R-AS - new model 4mp turret (no pics)

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just ordered a IPC-HDBW4421R-AS from Aliexpress. Seems to be a new model turret with 4mp, built in mic, h.265, poe etc...

Haven't managed to find much about it but will hopefully be all good as the 4300c seems to be an excellent camera. Will post some pics and videos when it arrives.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just ordered a IPC-HDBW4421R-AS from Aliexpress. Seems to be a new model turret with 4mp, built in mic, h.265, poe etc...

Haven't managed to find much about it but will hopefully be all good as the 4300c seems to be an excellent camera. Will post some pics and videos when it arrives.
HDW4300C is an excellent camera and so is the HDW4300S

Just so happens I need another camera for the Dahua system, so will try one of these out too. Cheers MNC.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like there is an even newer one now, the IPC-HDW4431C-A (LINK) which your link now references.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cam arrived today. It's an IPC-HDW4431C-A. I've done the install - here's a small sample I took for another thread on here. It's quite windy so the audio is terrible. Will post some better samples when I have something worth putting up, but so far pretty happy although a little disappointed with the audio.

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I try and post something up tonight. I'll probably end up with a bit of reflection off the house.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For anyone that is interested, this replaced a 720p Dahua Bullet 6mm (new is 2.8 mm). This is the old view from the same location.

oldview.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I try and post something up tonight. I'll probably end up with a bit of reflection off the house.
Looking forward, I am surprised there are no videos on youtube for this cam. I am looking for an indoor cam with a mic and this might fit the bill

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's a quick night vision that I've taken. I'm still not sure about the audio problem being wind. It's completely still, and there is a lot of noise with the audio of the neighbours car. It stops as soon as the car stops. I've either got a dodgy mic or I need a firmware upgrade.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need to change the title of this thread seeing the model number of the cam has changed to IPC-HDW4431C-A - can I do this or do I need an admin to do it?

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The menu is in Chinese but Chrome does a pretty good job at translating.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've managed to sort out the audio options by turning off the noise reduction and changing the encoding to MPEG2. Here's a small sample - not much happening outside today so it's not that interesting. Will clip something better and provide some better samples.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The menu is in Chinese but Chrome does a pretty good job at translating.
So, I checked with the same seller and he said that he can do "English firmware". I am assuming they are hacking Dahua or what's the catch here?

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A daytime audio sample of some kids walking by. There seems to be a high pitched noise present that is only there when I upload to YouTube.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This is pretty decent audio quality for these conditions. Looking forward to getting mine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's amazingly sensitive, and sounds absolutely fine to me.
You can easily make out what the girls are talking about - is that allowed / legal in your jurisdiction?

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New Zealand law allows filming in public places unless the person has the right to believe they have privacy. The police give the following advice:

It is generally lawful to take photographs of people in public places without their consent. However, you must not film or take photos of people if they are in a place where they can expect privacy (such as a public changing area or toilet) and that person:

• is naked, in underclothes, showering, toileting etc
  • is unaware of being filmed or photographed
  • has not given consent to be filmed or photographed.
You should not take photos of people if:

• they are in a place where they would expect reasonable privacy and publication would be highly offensive to an objective and reasonable person
  • it has potential to stop other people's use and enjoyment of the same place
  • you have no legitimate reason for taking the film or photos.
However, you can take and/or publish photos or film of people where there is no expectation of privacy, such as a beach, shopping mall, park or other public place.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
New Zealand law allows filming in public places unless the person has the right to believe they have privacy. The police give the following advice:
Yes indeed, reasonable and generally the case for images.
You can easily make out what the girls are talking about - is that allowed / legal in your jurisdiction?
Do the same rules apply for recording conversations, where the expectations for privacy can be quite different?

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The same rules apply for conversaions, but it is illegal to intercept communications - ie phone calls etc...

Interestingly in NZ we have the Search and Surveillance act which gives the police the right to recovery any recording or photograph from any person at any time without warrant. I've had police seize footage from my cameras without a warrant. I refused and was threatened with arrest if I didn't hand it over.

Yes indeed, reasonable and generally the case for images.

Do the same rules apply for recording conversations, where the expectations for privacy can be quite different?