IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS motion detection issues

xbmcnut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got two of these models amongst quite a few other models and these two are just not reliable on VMD. I've set up a primary zone with the various sensitivity levels and thresholds and at times, it will simply miss major motion events. I can walk from one Dahua camera (another model) which picks me up then into the IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS zone and nothing. At other times though, it will pick up the cat walking through the zone so it's definitely sensitive enough.

The firmware version is 2.460.0000000.16.R, Build Date: 2017-09-04. Anyone got anything later I can try? For now, I've moved VMD for this model only over to my Synology Surveillance Station but this consumes a fair amount of resources on my NAS so I'd love to get VMD working correctly on these models.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got two of these models amongst quite a few other models and these two are just not reliable on VMD. I've set up a primary zone with the various sensitivity levels and thresholds and at times, it will simply miss major motion events. I can walk from one Dahua camera (another model) which picks me up then into the IPC-HDBW4631R-ZS zone and nothing. At other times though, it will pick up the cat walking through the zone so it's definitely sensitive enough.

The firmware version is 2.460.0000000.16.R, Build Date: 2017-09-04. Anyone got anything later I can try? For now, I've moved VMD for this model only over to my Synology Surveillance Station but this consumes a fair amount of resources on my NAS so I'd love to get VMD working correctly on these models.
That is a hacked china region camera, you will brick it if you update the firmware.

xbmcnut

n3wb
Reaction score
That is a hacked china region camera, you will brick it if you update the firmware.
Thanks, thought has much. I'll see if anyone else has issues with the VMD on this model. I could probably work with Chinese though if the VMD worked properly.