IPC-HDW2231R-ZS not found

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just received a new IPC-HDW2231R-ZS today. Coming from my Asus switch the Ethernet cable goes into a new TP-link POE injector, then from there to the IP Cam. I am getting no detection from the config tool that I am accessing on the same segment. The IP the Config tool is being run from is 192.168.1.128
The connection has been tested with a cheap non POE IP camera and works fine. Tested without the injector of course. When using the TP-link injector the light is green.

Any help would be appreciated. My intent was to buy more cams after testing locations with this one. Now I am very hesitant.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The default address of the cam is 192.168.1.108. Have you tried going direct to that using Chrome?
The other suggestion is to do a factory reset on the cam.

I bought 3 of the same cams from Andy back in Nov and had zero problems connecting to them.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just received a new IPC-HDW2231R-ZS today. Coming from my Asus switch the Ethernet cable goes into a new TP-link POE injector, then from there to the IP Cam. I am getting no detection from the config tool that I am accessing on the same segment. The IP the Config tool is being run from is 192.168.1.128
The connection has been tested with a cheap non POE IP camera and works fine. Tested without the injector of course. When using the TP-link injector the light is green.

Any help would be appreciated. My intent was to buy more cams after testing locations with this one. Now I am very hesitant.
Welcome @Bob Schulz

What is the ASUS router IP address?
What IP address is the PC getting? What is the subnet mask?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes you should be hesitant, these cameras are crap. lots of failures like yours. oh wait, that is not the case. It is highly unlikely that you have a bad camera, even if you did, it is not the experience of everyone else here. So first try to figure out what you are doing wrong.

Have you tried to scan the network using advanced ip scanner on your pc or fing on your cell?
have you tested with a short premade cable?

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK sorry was just a tad frustrated. I figured the only odd man out was the wireless access point.
That was it. I plugged into another connection straight to the router and I could then access the cam at the web IP. Still can't see it with the tool that is installed on that exact subnet. But that is not important I can do whatever I need through web portal

Reaction score
In the IP Config tool I have found that sometimes you need to set up a 'Search Setting' for the tool to find your cameras. See photo. Top center click on 'Search setting' to bring up the 'Setting' dialog. Put in a 'Start IP' and an 'End IP' that encompasses your camera IP address range.

Attachments