IPC-HDW4431C-A Smart Detect Features

ajobbins

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an IPC-HDW4431C-A which I got on eBay. It stopped working recently (just rebooted itself every 60 seconds), so I opened it up and did a hard reset (like this).

It's now working fine again after the reset, but the first time it booted after doing so, I saw WAY more 'Smart Detection' features available in the web UI than before, including (from memory) trip wire, face detection, car detection (I think) and a couple of others.

But after rebooting again, all I have is the standard motion and tampering options that I had before.

Any ideas why I would have seen the other features initially? Should this camera have access to those things? I bought the camera on eBay and am guessing it has modified firmware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an IPC-HDW4431C-A which I got on eBay. It stopped working recently (just rebooted itself every 60 seconds), so I opened it up and did a hard reset (like this).

It's now working fine again after the reset, but the first time it booted after doing so, I saw WAY more 'Smart Detection' features available in the web UI than before, including (from memory) trip wire, face detection, car detection (I think) and a couple of others.

But after rebooting again, all I have is the standard motion and tampering options that I had before.

Any ideas why I would have seen the other features initially? Should camera have access to those things? I bought the camera on eBay and am guessing it has modified firmware.
you likely enabled smart codec....it wont work with ivs...
in the future avoid china region cameras with hacked firmware.

ajobbins

n3wb
Reaction score
in the future avoid china region cameras with hacked firmware.
Not always easy to do. eBay is really the only place to buy the cameras here in Australia, and sellers aren't always upfront about them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not always easy to do. eBay is really the only place to buy the cameras here in Australia, and sellers aren't always upfront about them.
actually its VERY easy...we all do it here, including those in Australia...see the dahua threads...they also sell legit international dahua cameras via ebay...the model you purchased is a china region model, easy to tell..