IPC-HDW5231R-Z troubles

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have set up one IPC-HDW5231R-Z 3 days ago, and it started to work excellent.
But now i want to check the cameras, and i see that my nvr cannot find the network host of 1 camera, 5231
I changed nothing, and when i reboot the camera by unplugging the ethernet cable, i can add the camera, get an image, but after seconds its gone again

i can ping the ip, but cannot access its webpage.
After a reboot again, i can access the webpage, but after some seconds its gone again

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
confirm that it is on a unique IP address, not shared by any other devices. one way is to disconnect it and then ping its fixed IP and see if you get a response from another device (other camera perhaps left at the default of 108). While you are at it, confirm the mask and gateway are correct and match your NVR.

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to reflash the firmware, when i am not able to access the webpage?
Pinging when it goes offline still gets me a response, no timeouts

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1./ Connected direct to PC with IPV4 details below ( make sure Direct & no other connections switches etc. )
2./ Unplug the camera from power supply or POE
3./ Unscrew front of camera ,Hold the reset switch which is on the side of the PCB board inside then power the camera back on and hold for 30 seconds.
4./ The camera should now be set to DEFAULT 192.168.1.108
5./ Log into the Web Interface and re flash the camera with the firmware.
6./ Set the camera back to my loacal IP 192.168.0.1
7./ Set the Internal lan IPV4 back to my local address 192.168.0.1

Some folks have reported the need to hold the reset button a complete minute or so for a complete reset.

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I already reset the cam, but it crashes before i can upload the firmware

MediaBart

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here with a 4431!

The first problem was that I could not connect from time to time. Sometimes pinging showed 100% result, sometimes 75% and sometimes 0%.
As a result, the cam was offline from time to time. No image available at one moment, perfect image a few minutes later. When trying to acces the UI thru explorer, sometimes (/most of the times!) it threw me out and I had to log in again.
When trying to upgrade the firmware, it restarted and now its bricked. Back to the seller for warrantee..

Sander kerkhoff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm, i seem to have found what causes it to crash:
When the cam is connected with the other cams on my poe hub together with the nvr its working fine, since an hour now
But as soon as i connect my homenetwork on the uplink port of the poe hub the cam goes down after some seconds.

Seems like some sort of overload on the cam with someting?

MediaBart

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine is (in this case) connected to a normal (non POE) switch, and is powered with a separate power supply