IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Still Top Dog?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is difficult to get a clear picture of objects in motion. 60fps will get much better results for the same camera!
Yes, you are a "genius."
I believe that you placed a sign with a request. Please stop in front of the camera & also please leave your details.
No it wont. Typing it in bold does not change the fact. You again failed to do the research even though I provided the search term. You can lead a horse to water....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is difficult to get a clear picture of objects in motion. 60fps will get much better results for the same camera!
Yes, you are a "genius."
I believe that you placed a sign with a request. Please stop in front of the camera & also please leave your details.
Read, educate, try out yourself.

I have an analog cam set at 1/2000 shutter speed and 10fps. Blows my neighbors IP camera out of the water and he is running 60fps and cannot figure out why my analog is better.

His may "look" better watching real speed as it isn't as choppy, but the police don't care that the criminal can run smoothly, they want a picture of a face, or a license plate. Had a break-in in the neighborhood, my footage was the only one the police could do anything with. But wow, that arlo did have a smooth looking video...

Shutter speed is where it is at, not fps, especially for trying to capture a picture.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, you are a "genius."
u got a lot of reading to do kid

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am retreating on my initial assessment of the 2 being very close. After more tinkering, my 5442's are viewing the darkness much better, with less grain, and that z4e bullet with it's long reaching i.r., that thing is just superb.
I've added a couple of i.r.'s for the 5231r-ze's out a ways, (100') and it helps them greatly.
I can't believe all the racoons that we have out here. They keep testing my mangoes for ripeness. Now, I have to get into another tech. (electric wire fencing );) These cameras catch all the action in pitch blackness.