IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 LPR from 137 feet

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How high do you have your LPR cameras mounted?

67RS427

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I get some help with my night time settings? I'm having issues getting anything to work when shutter is at 1/1000 or 1/2000. Settings attached, I've tried a few different variations. I get picture at 1/250 but just black with 1/1000 or 1/2000. Picture attached is a cars headlights driving by. Does this camera have a mechanical issue or am I missing something? THANKS!!

*This is a IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E purchased from Empire

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using any Backlight?

How far from camera to capture point?

Almost doesn’t look like IR is on? What is the Day/Night setting ?

67RS427

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using any Backlight?

How far from camera to capture point?

Almost doesn’t look like IR is on? What is the Day/Night setting ?
Backlight is off right now for this Night test. I was using WDR for day and first tried to use it for night but down to 5-10. I don't know the exact distance but its over 100', it's aimed at the bottom of my neighbors driveway. Day pic attached for reference. IR is visible to my eye and I get a picture with shutter at 1/250 just not a clear one, pic attached.... Thanks for the quick response.

Night pic attached is at 1/250, day time pics for reference on distance. Night cam is zoomed in 80-90% the right of the edge/border of the other camera.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Something aint right. That day picture looks like motion blur on the plate... acts like too much DNR.. though WDR produces blur too.... weird

Whats your bitrate and FPS?

67RS427

n3wb
Reaction score
Something aint right. That day picture looks like motion blur on the plate... acts like too much DNR.. though WDR produces blur too.... weird

Whats your bitrate and FPS?
I dropped Frame rate to 20 at night, pic attached... The day pic was taken at 30fps at same bitrate. WDR was at 50 for the day. I just installed the camera today after a neighbors 12yr old daughter was approached at the bus stop and asked to get in a shady truck.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, drop WDR even more. I never use more than 20. hats the blur you see on the daytime tag.. and for LPR use CBR

Still dont get the night thing ... like the IR filter is stuck???

67RS427

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, drop WDR even more. I never use more than 20. hats the blur you see on the daytime tag.. and for LPR use CBR

Still dont get the night thing ... like the IR filter is stuck???
I'll try that out... Not sure what's up with night, pic attached with exposure on Auto. I'm not using any LPR software, just Blue Iris right now, still use CBR?

Google maps puts the distance at 100-115ft

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Pretty picture but it will blur with motion.

Nothing to do with BI or LPR software. hey can only read the image the camera delivers. See the samples I put in your other post..

67RS427

n3wb
Reaction score
Pretty picture but it will blur with motion.

Nothing to do with BI or LPR software. hey can only read the image the camera delivers. See the samples I put in your other post..
I switched to CBR... Just had another car drive by and got a little better result.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It acts like there's just not enough IR getting to the vehicle..... did ya take the plastic film off the lens? :oops: