IPC-T2347G-LU Color-VU camera will not install on DS-7616NI-I2 NVR

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought five T2347 cameras from Andy. Four of them installed fine, on the NVR's POE ports. The fifth one refuses to install (the NVR will not detect it). It has the same software and hardware rev as all the others.

This camera works fine if it is not connected to the back of the NVR. Configuration, live view, etc., all work fine when logged directly into the camera via a web browser.
The camera has been replaced with a new one, which has the same problem.

Any ideas? I'm stuck.

David

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera has been replaced with a new one, which has the same problem.
OK, so the problem is with the NVR, not the camera.
Or perhaps the cable from the camera, if you haven't tried more than one.

What's the configuration of the NVR PoE port(s) that you tried the camera on? Plug&Play or Manual?
Does the port LEDs show that the camera draws power and link detect?
Did you reset the camera back to defaults (ie Inactive) before connecting to the NVR PoE port(s)?

Suggestion to try :
With the camera on the LAN, pick an unused NVR PoE channel, change the mode to Manual, set the IP address to match that of the camera on the LAN.
Does it connect?

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,

Yes, I believe the problem is NVR related. I can plug the camera into with NVR with a short patch cable and it is still not recognized (I have tried different cables)

The NVR ports are configured for plug and play. The camera is drawing about 70% as much power as a working (streaming) camera of the same type.
The port LEDs are flashing intermittently.
I did a factory reset before plugging the camera into the POE ports. I can then activate the camera using the NVR monitor, keyboard, and mouse. After that, I just get a status of "offline(detecting)".
If I then plug the camera into the external LAN and use SDAP to find it, I can see that the NVR has changed the IP address of the camera to an unused address on the subnet of the internal NVR LAN. But the NVR won't 'connect' to the camera.

I have tried manual mode POE port setting, but I still can get past "0ffline(detecting)"

David

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Most odd.
You've tried all the obvious things.
Does the camera have an SD card installed?
If so maybe remove it.

I have tried manual mode POE port setting, but I still can get past "0ffline(detecting)"
Was that with the camera having a LAN IP address as opposed to the 192.168.254.x address the NVR had configured it with?
Presumably SADP will allow you to change that.

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera does not have an SD card.

When I tried manual mode, I first used SDAP to make sure DHCP is off, and set the camera IP address to 192.168.100.xx (This is the internal subnet). I have specified '100' instead of the default '254' subnet in the NVR settings.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried manual mode when the camera is connected to the LAN, has a LAN IP address and that address is configured in the NVR channel?

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I tried that. But the camera must have an IP address on the NVR internal subnet. I also tried giving the camera an IP address on the external subnet, in which case the NVR gives the error message " cannot add any more IP cameras" (there are open ports on the NVR, so this message does not make any sense, however I assume the NVR is trying to say that the camera I'm trying to add is on the wrong subnet). The internal network is 192.168.100.xxx and the external network is 192.168.0.xxx.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You can re-allocate an existing NVR PoE channel to connect to a camera that is on the LAN and has a LAN IP address.

The way to do it, via the NVR web GUI, is to use the Modify button to change the channel to manual, and set the IP address to match the camera.

As you've noticed, you can't add or delete the pre-defined PoE channels.

By the way, if you temporarily remove one of the existing cameras, does the problem camera connect?

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR lets me choose to add a camera manually using either plug-and-play or manually. Specifying plug-and-play results in "detecting IP camera" and it never moves forward. Specifying 'manual' , and using the IP address that the NVR has already assigned (which is auto-populated in pop-up box), results in 'network unreachable".

I tried disconnecting 3 cameras to 'make room' for the one that won't connect-- no luck.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
using the IP address that the NVR has already assigned (which is auto-populated in pop-up box), results in 'network unreachable".
No - I've again not managed to make you understand what I'm suggesting to try - let me try to make it clearer.

You have said that the camera works OK when on the LAN, it's accessible with a browser, on the 192.168.0.xxx address range.
The NVR LAN interface also uses this address range, and it's the range your router provides.
Connect the camera back on the LAN, and again set it's IP address to a LAN IP address in the 192.168.0.xxx range, using SADP.
So the camera is on the LAN, and you can access it with the browser on the PC when the PC is operating as normal.

Then - in the NVR web GUI under Camera Management, select an unused channel, and use the Modify button.
Change the mode to Manual from Plug&Play.
Ensure the protocol is Hikvision, the port=8000 and the logonID and password are correct.
Type in the LAN IP address of the camera - not the 'internal PoE interface IP address that NVR PoE-connected cameras use'. The LAN address.
Click OK.

Check Live View, go back to Camera Management to see Status.

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but with your suggestion, I can now see camera video on the NVR.

NVR> Camera>IP Camera shows the camera video
NVR> Camera > POE settings shows status = disconnected

NVR> Maintenance>Camera shows status = connected

NVR> Live View shows camera video. It seems to be fully functional. I can edit parameters and they are saved correctly.

Do you have any clues about why the camera won't work on the NVR POE port?

Many Thanks,
David

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that's good.
I have this niggly doubt about customising the 'Internal NIC' address range of the NVR. What subnet mask did you set it to?

I know you've tried this already - but another test :
Pick an unused address in the 192.168.100.xxx range, say 192.168.100.20 and set the camera to that with SADP.
Also set the NVR channel to that same IP address.
Plug the camera into the corresponding PoE port in the NVR.

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried going back to the default IP address range.

Using SADP, I set the problem camera to 192.168.254.20, DHCP off

on NVR: Set internal NIC address as 192.168.254.1, Mask = 255.255.255.0
Attach problem camera to NVR POE port D14 and reboot NVR.

Then, on NVR:
Cameras > select D14> Custom Add> press "Search", and no cameras appear, then enter: 192.168.254.20, HIKvision Protocol > press "ADD"
Then I see error message = "failed to get channel parameters or device capabilities", then "the network is unreachable"
Note that all other cameras are working OK and have 192.168.254.xxx addresses now.

Now I put the camera on the LAN to which the NVR is connected, and using SADP, give it the IP address 192.168.0.150
Then, on NVR:
Cameras> Select D15>custom Add> press "search" and the camera pops up with the .150 IP address >press "ADD", and the video shows up on the NVR.

So, it seems that the NVR will not connect to the camera if is on the internal NVR LAN.

David

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unlikely - as this is the second problem camera - let's check the MAC addresses as a total long-shot.

If the problem camera is still on the LAN -
Use SADP to see the MAC address for the relevant IP address, and make a note of it.
Then connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port, and again use SADP to see the camera and NVR MAC addresses.
Check there are no duplicates.

Pot-Island

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked at all the camera's MAC addresses. They are all unique. There are no IP address duplicates either.

Here's what I tried:
Set camera IP address to 192.168.0.150 and attach it to the PC LAN
The camera image appears on NVR D15, which was set up for this IP address previously.
Connect PC LAN to NVR D1 port.
The camera image appears on NVR D1. NVR port D15 says 'network unreachable', and SADP says the camera's IP address is now 192.168.254.2
Disconnect PC LAN and NVR D1 port.
No camera image. IP address is still 192.168.254.2, NVR D15 says 'Network unreachable' and NVR D1 says "IP camera does not exist"
Plug camera into NVR port D1.
NVR D1 shows no image. It shows "Detecting IP camera" and the indicated IP address for Port D1 is 192.168.254.2
Using IVMS4200 on the PC, the camera's error message is "camera failed to log onto device" and "incorrect parameter", and error code HCNetSDK.dll[17]

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at all the camera's MAC addresses. They are all unique. There are no IP address duplicates either.
OK, that lets out that (unlikely) possibility.

You've explored the NVR logical and physical configuration enough to pretty well rule it out as the source of the problem.
The essence seems to be that the problem camera (and the one it replaced) simply will not connect to the NVR PoE ports, but works normally otherwise.
It must be very frustrating!

So what could it be that differentiates the problem camera from the others?
I'm wondering if there may be a subtle firmware incompatibility between the camera and the NVR.
It might be interesting to list out the firmware versions of the NVR PoE-connected cameras, and the problem camera, and the NVR.
The newest published firmware for the IPC-T2347G-LU is 5.6.4 from here :

I've been using that for a few weeks and haven't seen any problems.

Is your NVR running the 'NVR 4' firmware? There have been some problems with the early releases, especially with the update from 3.x to 4.x