IPC-T2385G-I Hikvision 8MP fixed turret (night videos added)

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Forgive the basic question but does this this camera use a larger mount size than the older turret style hikvision cams? Is it the same size as the colorvu or a little smaller? Thanks!

Edit: Looked a little closer at the datasheets and this looks to be the same size as the colorvu. This is 5.4" wide by 5" deep, the older cams are 5" wide by 3.78" deep.
It's a nice size. More noticeable and tbh that's a good thing because it's more of a deterrence. I do wish I went for 2347 instead of 5442 due to extra light and larger size.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered a 2385 4mm from Andy. Will post results and comparisons with 5442 3.6mm
Did you post a review of the 2 being compared? I did not get a hit for it when I searched generally working on fine tuning my search.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you post a review of the 2 being compared? I did not get a hit for it when I searched generally working on fine tuning my search.
Sorry I did not get a chance to. I readjusted my setup and this camera was instrumental in finding out who hit our car.

I was able to half-assed make out their plate and locate who did it (someone visiting the neighbors) and even collected a substantial amount in cash for the damages.

That said, I got lucky and the FOV on this 4mm camera is way too high. It can NOT read plates of cars passing by even though I have the camera at the front of the house as close to the street as possible.

I am now looking to supplement this cam with a high FOV license plate reading camera.

As for it's settings, I am not having much luck. Its colors are off and I like the colors on my Dahua 5442 / 2431 / 3449 much better.