IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does the latest version on the Dahua site compare to this version being tested here? Specifically its DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.1.R.210716. This appears to be 7/16 fw whereas the one talked about here is 7/29?

Also does SMD 3 on the 7/29 fw work better than the 2020/12/03 fw?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How does the latest version on the Dahua site compare to this version being tested here? Specifically its DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.1.R.210716. This appears to be 7/16 fw whereas the one talked about here is 7/29?

Also does SMD 3 on the 7/29 fw work better than the 2020/12/03 fw?
The 7/29 firmware is still in testing phase by several of us here. It's not ready for primetime as yet. Should see a new firmware version in the very near future.
The best firmware overall for now is the 12/3/20 version.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for configuring these 5442 cams on a BlueIris environment, is there a configurator application that works better than the camera's own webUI ? last version I was using the 'zoom' tab on the webUI was totally broken on the ipc-t5442t-ze, , the 2021-05-xx version I have now seems better, but still erratic.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for configuring these 5442 cams on a BlueIris environment, is there a configurator application that works better than the camera's own webUI ? last version I was using the 'zoom' tab on the webUI was totally broken on the ipc-t5442t-ze, , the 2021-05-xx version I have now seems better, but still erratic.
Nope LOL.

But to configure zoom and focus of a varifocal, I never use that zoom tab as the image is too small.

Instead go to live view and one of the icons bottom left is for zoom and focus. Select it and a zoom and focus adjuster opens up on the right and then you can adjust it from a larger view!

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so on that IPC-T5442T-ZE, with firmware Version V2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25

I can't seem to disable autofocus? I'm uusing it at the max telephoto range now, which I gather is 12mm FL, so the focus is pretty critical, and it has a habit of falling into a focus hunt if a moth or something flies in front of it, and that causes the whole field of view to 'pump' a bit until it stabilizes again.

mindtrix

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else uses SMD and push alerts, but it seems if I raise the bitrate up to 8192 push notifications stop working. If I lower it down to 6144, they start working again. I can run 8192 just fine with the 12/3/20 firmware, but I get a lot of false triggers with the SMD (IE my 3 cats identified as Human). Any guesses? Thanks.

Currently on V2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25

kidchunks

n3wb
Reaction score
so on that IPC-T5442T-ZE, with firmware Version V2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25

I can't seem to disable autofocus? I'm uusing it at the max telephoto range now, which I gather is 12mm FL, so the focus is pretty critical, and it has a habit of falling into a focus hunt if a moth or something flies in front of it, and that causes the whole field of view to 'pump' a bit until it stabilizes again.
My IPC-T5442T-ZEs are on Build date: 2020-12-03 but I do have a IPC-T5442T-Z4E (8mm-32mm zoom) on Build Date: 2021-05-25 that has the focus & zoom link in the condition tab which allows you to set the focus to manual per profile. If you don't see that option then you can try the below:

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After upgrading to this firmware (or the one on Dahua's website) for my Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (purchased from Andy's Amazon store),

I'm getting the "Algorithm Authorization failed, please import license" red triangle in the information tab.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After upgrading to this firmware (or the one on Dahua's website) for my Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (purchased from Andy's Amazon store),

I'm getting the "Algorithm Authorization failed, please import license" red triangle in the information tab.
See the fix in Andy's subforum.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will keep the 0525 on on this post, and the new one will be posted in 30mins.
ok, i see it... hope it fixes some weirdnesses I've been seeing in the camera's own web settings...

btw, why do you attach a docx file that has a link to a dropbox .bin file? that seems pretty convoluted and means I have to jump through hoops at my end to get around my spam and antivirus kinda filters. Is there a reason you can't just paste the link to the .bin file directly into that first message? personally, I'd be a lot happier if you were using your own website to host the files, or a github site or something, but I'm sure there's reasons.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
doing the upgrade now from 2021-05-25 .... sigh, I need to take notes when I tweak the camera settings, cuz if I reset it, I'm gonna need to do it all over again from scratch, and I always forget something.

hmmm, it seems to be working fine. maybe I'll hold off on that reset :p (I know, bad idea that will come back and bite me)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
No need to do hard reset before your update, just do a default(Not Factory Default) on the cam after finish the update. And Update the firmware will not delete your before settings.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ok, I'm still seeing something weird here. I'm using Firefox.latest on Win10.latest, 64 bit fast desktop, etc. On the Camera->Conditions tab, or any of the other tabs that show a thumbnain, every few seconds, that thumbnail blanks, a time spinner runs for a second or two, then the video comes back. 5 seconds later, does it agian, over and over.

now, I currently have the substreams disabled, and blueiris is running on a different dedicated NVR miniPC. on my large highres displays, the substreams are ugly even when they are smaller preview windows, and with 7 cameras, my core i7-6700 NVR seems to keep up just fine. I'm also not using any in-camera motion detection, because I have a motley fleet of 3 camera brands, 3 reolinks, 2 hikvision, and 2 different dahuas, an empire and a amcrest and getting all that sorted smells like work, and this is for fun at home.. If I had all Dahua 5442's, I'd probably be moving to camera detection, although the camera's webUI seems pretty convoluted.