IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to test and report me if you find something out.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so the other thread is the current version of the firmware for the IPC-T5442TM-AS and ZE? Is the version in this thread not release version but a beta? Just wonder as the numbers in the title would suggest this one is the newer version.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so the other thread is the current version of the firmware for the IPC-T5442TM-AS and ZE? Is the version in this thread not release version but a beta? Just wonder as the numbers in the title would suggest this one is the newer version.
OK just finished reading the .17 version thread, so it looks like this one is the correct new version.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone used the IR fix on a none -ZE version? If I read the thread right it works on on both the IPC-T5442T-ZE and the -AS models. Just wondering. I should have the last of my cams mounted this weekend was looking to upgrade the firmware on them before I work on dialing everything in.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All as I posted in my night performance thread for this cam, there are issues with the release version of this FW. Will cross post here for reference.

------

I just wanted to update that I tested the latest 'release' FW and it is not good from an IR perspective. It appears that none of the IR updates we tested and pushed in the test release made it into this release version therefore IR washout is terrible. I have made sure this feedback is passed to @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua. In the meantime however, the AI algorithm's were updated in this release version so I will continue to test SMD today as that was the other issue that I and @looney2ns reported which specifically was SMD capturing leaves, cats, lights instead of filtering those out correctly.

So in summary, I will report back on the SMD performance in this 'release' version but for now, my recommendation is DO NOT USE DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903. Instead use the last test version (with improved IR and based on 5/29 SMD algorithm), this version is General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.800.15OG002.0.R.200903. If I find that SMD is improved in the release version I have already made sure @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua are aware of current issues with this release and are ready to take the baseline of 9/03 (release) for SMD and the IR adjustments from 15OG002 (test version) and combine the 2 into a complete release. Its a real shame that it wasn't merged into this release version already with the work we've put in BUT Dahua are aware (THANK YOU) so hope we will see something soon.

Thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY for posting the test version for all here to use in the meantime.

thansen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All as I posted in my night performance thread for this cam, there are issues with the release version of this FW. Will cross post here for reference.

------

I just wanted to update that I tested the latest 'release' FW and it is not good from an IR perspective. It appears that none of the IR updates we tested and pushed in the test release made it into this release version therefore IR washout is terrible. I have made sure this feedback is passed to @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua. In the meantime however, the AI algorithm's were updated in this release version so I will continue to test SMD today as that was the other issue that I and @looney2ns reported which specifically was SMD capturing leaves, cats, lights instead of filtering those out correctly.

So in summary, I will report back on the SMD performance in this 'release' version but for now, my recommendation is DO NOT USE DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903. Instead use the last test version (with improved IR and based on 5/29 SMD algorithm), this version is General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.800.15OG002.0.R.200903. If I find that SMD is improved in the release version I have already made sure @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua are aware of current issues with this release and are ready to take the baseline of 9/03 (release) for SMD and the IR adjustments from 15OG002 (test version) and combine the 2 into a complete release. Its a real shame that it wasn't merged into this release version already with the work we've put in BUT Dahua are aware (THANK YOU) so hope we will see something soon.

Thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY for posting the test version for all here to use in the meantime.
Just to be clear. Is the test version IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.800.15OG002.0.R.200903 only for IPC-T5442T-ZE as stated in the download links, or can it be used for the AS models as well? and will there be any benefits using this for the IPC-T5241TM-AS .
Thank you

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The test version will work with the other VOLT embedded chipset cams BUT the SmartIR radio button and subsequent adjustments only show for the Vari. So for example, you can install on a B5442 or the 5241-Z12 BUT would not see the SmartIR available there.

HTH

Just to be clear. Is the test version IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.800.15OG002.0.R.200903 only for IPC-T5442T-ZE as stated in the download links, or can it be used for the AS models as well? and will there be any benefits using this for the IPC-T5241TM-AS .
Thank you

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score

surv8tor

n3wb
Reaction score

surv8tor

n3wb
Reaction score

------

Can the smart IR functionality be enabled for the bullet vario-focal version - B5442E-ZE?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Posting my latest update here as well
------

All, I wanted to provide an update on my testing of the latest 'release' version as I tested against SMD today (as mentioned above).

I'm pleased to say that in my testing the SMD works better in this release and results in much fewer false alerts/triggers. There is one situation that still freaks it out which is if you have a foreground object (tree in this example) that is blowing in the wind and a background object behind it (parked car) then as the branches/leaves move and clear the FOV to reveal the car, the SMD triggers even though its stationary. In other words it see's this as a target. While not a deal breaker by any means it can lead to multiple caps on a windy day. Therefore would be great to see Dahua implement a similar feature as they did to People Recognition with the 'living' AI algorithm. Maybe for cars it can be stationary vs moving within x. Either way I've provided this feedback and some details on how to potentially implement as well in efforts to continue to improve the AI base algorithm.

So, in summary, the latest release is terrible for IR, better for SMD (best release for SMD in my testing so far). Therefore I still do not recommend that you install the release version but instead the last test version @EMPIRETECANDY posted.

In the meantime I've fed back to Andy & Dahua that my recommendation based on what I see in code and performance is to build the next FW (say October for example) using IR algorithm and adjustments from the last test FW (15OG002.0 for those wanting details), tweak strength down slightly still for off angle targets center of cam and then combine the SMD AI baseline algorithms from the latest release FW (20.R.200903) with tweaks (if possible) to counter the stationary car/moving foreground object and other related scenarios. If that combination utilizing both FW components I list (along with tweaks) is followed then I believe the next release should be on point. Will report back when I hear feedback and will test again when next test is available.

HTH

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
No, it looks as though Dahua is phasing out SmartIR in lieu of Auto which is a shame because they do both still use slightly different adjustments and algorithms. In the current test FW I mentioned, SmartIR is actually exposed as a radio button which on the backend overlays further adjustments (strength and reaction timing in my testing) to the standard Auto setting in the illuminator menu. However this is only exposed in the test FW currently AND only for the 5442T vari turret. My feedback has been that if AUTO does become the new SmartIR then to ensure that a combination of the adjustments and algorithms used in both (SmartIR & Auto) is merged to ensure that future cams don't release with IR washout issues for example. The other key regarding FW IMO is to ensure that at least 2 separate branches exist in the future, 1 for full color cameras and 1 for IR augmented cameras in the same or crossover series as the adjustments to full color cannot be ported into IR augmented without issues being seen once IR illumination is required.

HTH

Can the smart IR functionality be enabled for the bullet vario-focal version - B5442E-ZE?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Will work on the smart IR and SMD FIRMWARE on new baseline, then can make all cams working out great. Curretnly stocks we already use the special FW for the smart IR on our NEW stocks.

surv8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
No, it looks as though Dahua is phasing out SmartIR in lieu of Auto which is a shame because they do both still use slightly different adjustments and algorithms. In the current test FW I mentioned, SmartIR is actually exposed as a radio button which on the backend overlays further adjustments (strength and reaction timing in my testing) to the standard Auto setting in the illuminator menu. However this is only exposed in the test FW currently AND only for the 5442T vari turret. My feedback has been that if AUTO does become the new SmartIR then to ensure that a combination of the adjustments and algorithms used in both (SmartIR & Auto) is merged to ensure that future cams don't release with IR washout issues for example. The other key regarding FW IMO is to ensure that at least 2 separate branches exist in the future, 1 for full color cameras and 1 for IR augmented cameras in the same or crossover series as the adjustments to full color cannot be ported into IR augmented without issues being seen once IR illumination is required.

HTH
I just installed the test FW on a B5442E-ZE and the smart IR option shows up under "exposure".

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Test version it can do based on build revision of the B5442 but is not a guarantee. Make sure if you have that On you set Illuminators to Auto as well. Also remember though this won’t be in the final version as it will be incorporated into Auto.

Enjoy !

I just installed the test FW on a B5442E-ZE and the smart IR option shows up under "exposure".

surv8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
Test version it can do based on build revision of the B5442 but is not a guarantee. Make sure if you have that On you set Illuminators to Auto as well. Also remember though this won’t be in the final version as it will be incorporated into Auto.

Enjoy !
Thanks, playing with the settings right now. looks like the B5442E-ZE have "near" and "far" light illuminator settings on manual while the T5442T model has a single setting called "brightness" assuming just one set of LEDs...