IPC-T5442TM-AS , IPC-T5442T-ZE Latest new Firmware Volt V2.800.0000000.17.R.200620

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try different PC after hard reset ?

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Stuck on this page...
@random101, I have seen that when I updated the firmware of a camera recently. I always reboot the camera before I do a firmware upgrade - but on this one occasion, this camera was stuck on that screen you showed, even though I had re-booted prior. After waiting for some time, I refreshed the browser page. The camera's login screen re-appeared. I then logged in and saw that the firmware did not stick. I rebooted the camera again. Then uploaded the firmware file again and it worked. I did my upgrades from the camera's GUI as they are connected to an external PoE switch as opposed to the NVR PoE.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The "Focus and Zoom" tab of my IPC-HFW5442E-Z4E no longer shows video when using this firmware. If you want to focus now you have to open the camera up in another program (e.g. Blue Iris) and focus from there. Andy have you reported this to Dahua?
Opening live view and focusing/zooming from there works for me in chrome.
Also, the zoom/focus window works if you use IE, or Chrome with IE Tab extension installed.
You will have more controls on the live view as well.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After updating my cameras with this new firmware I regularly have cameras which restart on their own once a day although I have unchecked "automatic reboot" is this a bug?

1595699893209.png

I have done a hard reset but i have uploaded the saved config after this ...

BICK

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After updating my cameras with this new firmware I regularly have cameras which restart on their own once a day although I have unchecked "automatic reboot" is this a bug?

View attachment 67138

I have done a hard reset but i have uploaded the saved config after this ...

BICK
I would set back to factory system defaults, and set it up from scratch, not by importing a settings file.

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1595722750208.png
Hard reset,
Full factory reset...

Still get the above... regardless of browser

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Release notes do mention a known bug where it reboots after IVS.

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two cameras and both do the same thing... strange... v v strange

@EMPIRETECANDY any ideas?
Also have the latest nvr firmware... but I’m logging into the camera...

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@random101, I have seen that when I updated the firmware of a camera recently. I always reboot the camera before I do a firmware upgrade - but on this one occasion, this camera was stuck on that screen you showed, even though I had re-booted prior. After waiting for some time, I refreshed the browser page. The camera's login screen re-appeared. I then logged in and saw that the firmware did not stick. I rebooted the camera again. Then uploaded the firmware file again and it worked. I did my upgrades from the camera's GUI as they are connected to an external PoE switch as opposed to the NVR PoE.
I've lost count to how many times I've rebooted the cameras' NVR and factory reset...

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had one camera that would not update for anything through the web gui and I ended up using the config tool program which oddly worked fine.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Some browser may have bug, so the best way is to use configtool to make the update. This firmware dahua update very frequency, i think still need 2-3 version newer update will make them working very good

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use Opera most of the time and Chrome with the IE plug-in when I'm doing an upgrade. Have yet to have any problems and I updated the AS from the laptop, WiFI, and the ZE from my desktop, gig wired.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't connect directly to the camera IP address and update from within its own GUI? What prevents you from doing that?
Via the NVR i can log into the camera, but the firmware upload and install doesn't start.
I have to unplug it from the NVR and connect it via POE injector right into my router