IPC-T5442TM-AS RJ45 jack scorched - thoughts on how to replace?

guenwyv

n3wb
Reaction score
Water seeped into the port connection to the camera, resulting in loss of connection and what looks like scorched pins. If I were to cut the scorched jack off, would a simple female RJ45 replacement work, or is there something else I should be looking for to fix the cable?

guenwyv

n3wb
Reaction score
Great support all, I really appreciate the effort and the pictures.
Ordered some supplies, hope to give this a shot in a couple of days.

guenwyv

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally was able to get the camera up and running again.

The grey wire was extremely fragile, and kept snapping no matter what I did. I tried the flame trick, fingernail trick and ordered some wire strippers that goes all the way to 32. The wire strippers worked on 28 thankfully - but by that time, I was getting very low on cord space. I then managed to solder each wire directly to a Cat5e cord, which gives me back the amount of cord I had to chop away.

After each solder, I would then use a small shrink wrap tube to further strengthen and waterproof the connection. I then bundled all the cords together and wrapped with electric tape. May not be the prettiest job, but it works!

Thanks again for the help.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally was able to get the camera up and running again.

The grey wire was extremely fragile, and kept snapping no matter what I did. I tried the flame trick, fingernail trick and ordered some wire strippers that goes all the way to 32. The wire strippers worked on 28 thankfully - but by that time, I was getting very low on cord space. I then managed to solder each wire directly to a Cat5e cord, which gives me back the amount of cord I had to chop away.

After each solder, I would then use a small shrink wrap tube to further strengthen and waterproof the connection. I then bundled all the cords together and wrapped with electric tape. May not be the prettiest job, but it works!

Thanks again for the help.
Good @guenwyv

Do feel free to share any pictures you may have taken.

mentax

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, could someone please tell me what will be wiring diagram for HDW5442TM?
Looks like the coloring schema is different there
dahua-wire.jpg

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Scroll up to the phot I posted in #5. You wires appear to be already the correct color to match to a standard RJ45 jack

For example, the Orange and Blue wire of my Dahua camera match up to Green & White, and Green. You have a Green & White wire, and a Green wire. Same thing with the Orange wire and Orange & White

So. personally, I would just use your wires, which match a typical RJ45 pinout. I would just try using the pinout diagram in that post. (this may or may not be correct but unless some better info comes along...)