IPC3042WD - Recommended Settings? Or Recommended Alternative Hardware

Reaction score
About 14 months ago, I had some issues with my car being searched in the middle of the night. I was amazed how well my Dahua cameras performed. Six months pass and all of a sudden all 6 of my Dahua cameras die in over the course of a week.

I spend 3 or 4 days researching and find lots of praise over Hikivisions IPC3042WD cameras. I've been running them sense April, and things have been good. Until Tuesday night... someone went through our cars and the quality of the footage is garbage.

After doing some research I've found that apparently the night vision detail on these suck. Is there anything that can be done? I'm going to attach pictures of my settings. I've got the bit rate cranked all the way up, because storage space is really not a concern at the moment.

If there is nothing to do, can someone make a recommendation for a hikivision (or "OEM Hikivision") camera that gives really good night vision? Preferably <$200

Original Dahua 1.3MP Footage
Dropbox - Driveway.20160815_025439_1.avi

Hikivision 4MP Footage With External Light
Dropbox - 10.17.17SearchedCars.mp4

Oh yeah... I also had to add and IR light for my hikivision to see as far as my dahua did...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
About 14 months ago, I had some issues with my car being searched in the middle of the night. I was amazed how well my Dahua cameras performed. Six months pass and all of a sudden all 6 of my Dahua cameras die in over the course of a week.

I spend 3 or 4 days researching and find lots of praise over Hikivisions IPC3042WD cameras. I've been running them sense April, and things have been good. Until Tuesday night... someone went through our cars and the quality of the footage is garbage.

After doing some research I've found that apparently the night vision detail on these suck. Is there anything that can be done? I'm going to attach pictures of my settings. I've got the bit rate cranked all the way up, because storage space is really not a concern at the moment.

If there is nothing to do, can someone make a recommendation for a hikivision (or "OEM Hikivision") camera that gives really good night vision? Preferably <$200

Original Dahua 1.3MP Footage
Dropbox - Driveway.20160815_025439_1.avi

Hikivision 4MP Footage With External Light
Dropbox - 10.17.17SearchedCars.mp4

Oh yeah... I also had to add and IR light for my hikivision to see as far as my dahua did...

4MP Hikivision vs 1.3MP Dahua - Settings Recommendations
also, your dahua cameras did not fail as a result of a manufacturing defect, there was either a surge or they were hacked and you didnt properly reset them..

Reaction score
4MP Hikivision vs 1.3MP Dahua - Settings Recommendations
also, your dahua cameras did not fail as a result of a manufacturing defect, there was either a surge or they were hacked and you didnt properly reset them..
It

So the dahua cameras weren't exposed publicly. They were plugged into a separate NVR and we're intentionally air gaped.

The whole system was hooked to an apc UPC a and the cameras were provided power from the QSee NVR. Is it possible that they failed because of a power surge? Maybe. But they all failed over the course of about 9 days. The two oldest cameras failed on the same day, and the rest went out one or two at a time.

I have some sensitive HA equipment that factory reset any time there is a power surge and none of those we're affected. So that's either issues with the QSee branded cameras, or the NVR.

Anyways thanks I guess for posting a link to my other thread? You really did not provide any helpful information in that reply so that's why I reached out on the hardware pages.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It

So the dahua cameras weren't exposed publicly. They were plugged into a separate NVR and we're intentionally air gaped.

The whole system was hooked to an apc UPC a and the cameras were provided power from the QSee NVR. Is it possible that they failed because of a power surge? Maybe. But they all failed over the course of about 9 days. The two oldest cameras failed on the same day, and the rest went out one or two at a time.

I have some sensitive HA equipment that factory reset any time there is a power surge and none of those we're affected. So that's either issues with the QSee branded cameras, or the NVR.

Anyways thanks I guess for posting a link to my other thread? You really did not provide any helpful information in that reply so that's why I reached out on the hardware pages.
Think about it, how is it logically possible that 6 cameras would fail so close to each other...there was something going on...
i did provide helpful info, its just that you are too lazy to use the search button...do some work on your own..