iPhone X has stopped connecting to BI via 4G

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
”unable to make connection; check server address”. System has latest BI version but don’t know if that’s the reason. No joy using either the IP or no-ip ddns. Still works fine to another BI system that has not been updated for a long time.
Strangely, BI still works fine over 4G using the iPad. Both iPhone and iPad have the latest version.
Anyone know what the reason may be please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must have the IP address or port wrong

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
fenderman, many thanks for responding so quickly. I’ve checked again and WAN entries on both iphone and ipad are identical. I think you may remember that i’m not an IT expert - is it possible that i’ve inadvertently blocked BI on my iphone and should check something somewhere? For example, in ‘mobile data’, the button is green and shows I have used 900MB in the current period.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply Vettester. Checked this and it has green buttons like yours except on my phone the name is ‘Mobile Data’ instead of ‘Cellular Data’.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guess what - that’s fixed it! Thanks again Vettester. I guess I’m too old to think of these things. In my defence, everything else on the phone seemed to be working....