Is Blueiris a good software for desktop and mobile?

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am a newbie at camera's, I am planning to install few cameras. From what i have read so far looks like stock software from any vendor is not that great and Blueiris seems to be the way to go. For mobile application on Google store it doesn't have any good reviews, is Blueiris a good reliable deskptop and mobile app for live viewing and other features like alerts and stuff?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am a newbie at camera's, I am planning to install few cameras. From what i have read so far looks like stock software from any vendor is not that great and Blueiris seems to be the way to go. For mobile application on Google store it doesn't have any good reviews, is Blueiris a good reliable deskptop and mobile app for live viewing and other features like alerts and stuff?
You count find any good reviews? strange....you must not be looking. 90 percent of the 1 star reviews are either a) they dont like the way it looks as a result of suffering from OCD or b) they cannot connect remotely, which is 100 percent user error.
Blue iris must suck. I cant understand why anyone here bothers with it. Go with an NVR, you will be much happier....

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You can evaluate it for something like 10 days, so get some cameras, a POE switch and a desktop setup, install it and have a play around. The mobile app can’t be evaluated and has recently been updated. I’ve only ever used 1 other mobile app so am probably not the best but apart from small glitches I’ve never really had any real OMG issues with it. The layout is personal, some like it, others not, me providing it works I don’t care but the recent update has freshened it up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Y I’ve only ever used 1 other mobile app so am probably not the best but apart from small glitches I’ve never really had any real OMG issues with it. The layout is personal, some like it, others not, me providing it works I don’t care but the recent update has freshened it up.
The android mobile app has not been updated.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm coming up on a year with BI and absolutely love it. I use the mobile app on android and love that too.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you are a little network savvy, go with BI and you will never look back. There are a lot of clueless people out there that have problems, in that case either hire someone or go with the packaged systems and pay one way or another. You can also teach yourself with the wealth of info that is out there.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is recommend that you use a Standalone business grade desktop PC. A lot of user problems are a result of not doing a clean install of windows 10 and running other crap on the computer. The system needs to run 24/7/365. Think of the BI PC as an NVR. It has one job, record and process home security video.

See

It is strongly recommend that you set up OpenVPN for secure inbound network access. This applies to both the BI and the NVR.