Is there a complete list of cameras that fit the PFA130-E junction box?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
I searched here and the web, but did not find a complete list of cameras that will mount to the PFA130-E junction box. Is there a complete list of cameras that fit this junction box?

I found the Dahua PDF for the junction box, but it does not list any compatible cameras.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I know, it fits most Dahua turrets presently discussed here on the form (i.e. 2231, 5231, 5442, 5241, 4231, and so on). It is also compatible with some Dahua dome cameras (i.e. booby cam model), as well as bullet-cameras like the 2831 4K model.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I know, it fits most Dahua turrets presently discussed here on the form (i.e. 2231, 5231, 5442, 5241, 4231, and so on). It is also compatible with some Dahua dome cameras (i.e. booby cam model), as well as bullet-cameras like the 2831 4K model.
That is good to know. I have seen it discussed for a few of those you mention. And there are definitely at least 4 sets of mounting configurations.
I plan to mount 2 of these on the front of my house which will be on Stucco. And being that I will have to drill into the Stucco to mount these junction boxes, I most likely won't want to make changes to the junction box, but I might like to try a different camera.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
For stucco you should be able to predrill the holes using the junction box as a template and 3” or 4” galvanized screws with an impact driver to screw the base. No plastic anchors needed

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I searched here and the web, but did not find a complete list of cameras that will mount to the PFA130-E junction box. Is there a complete list of cameras that fit this junction box?
There's the "Dahua Accessory Selection Document" in IPCT's Cliff Notes that is somewhat of a reverse listing wherein you find the camera and it lists the boxes and mounts that fit that camera.

EDIT: Oops...I failed to see where @Sfiq had already posted the same PDF listing. I've been late to the party most of my life! :highfive:

Last edited:

Sfiq

n3wb
Reaction score
There's the "Dahua Accessory Selection Document" in IPCT's Cliff Notes that is somewhat of a reverse listing wherein you find the camera and it lists the boxes and mounts that fit that camera.

EDIT: Oops...I failed to see where @Sfiq had already posted the same PDF listing. I've been late to the party most of my life! :highfive:
Two sources are always better then one ;)
But also to be honest Your post made me to figure out something.
Link You posted is Dahua Accessory Selection with date 2017 12 29 (seems like somebody spent Christmas to give us a gift :lol:)
My version is 2018 05 31 baseing on original filename which I`ve changed someday to convenience.
That lead Me to do some research about newer one and ......
Here`s I belive the newest 2020 05 11 version (still warm) :cool:
Noticed by just looking for fast they updated new models (and file size is almost twice than old one)

So You might been late to party but started it again and thankfully to that we have the latest file cheers ;)

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here`s I belive the newest 2020 05 11 version (still warm) :cool:
I think you are right....I found a couple of cams that are not on the one I linked from the Cliff Notes.
Hey @matt200 and @giomania .....can you confirm that the Dahua Mounting Accessory PDF file that @Sfiq attached above in post #7 is the latest and if so, replace the existing one that's in the Cliff Notes?
Thanks, TonyR

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, OK....I thought you and/or @mat200 had authored it. Mike will read this thread I'm certain,
Thanks, Mark.
We did, but Mike worked on putting it in the wiki (which he spent a lot of time doing) to make it easier for people to access.

Mike did give me edit access when he did it but I’ve never really touched and I wouldn’t wanna screw it up.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
We did, but Mike worked on putting it in the wiki (which he spent a lot of time doing) to make it easier for people to access.

Mike did give me edit access when he did it but I’ve never really touched and I wouldn’t wanna screw it up.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are the brains (and @mat200) behind it, feel free to modify it as you please! Would you like to give it a try with this or would you like me to do it?
I understand, as I also have some some access to areas as a 'Contributor' but haven't made the plunge.
As a IPCT Plus member and also Contributor, you have access to edit the wiki. Don't be shy, if you break it just let me know and I'll fix it :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - I have not kept up with the new models.

Have noticed that a new turret model came with 4 screws instead of 3.. so I was unable to simply swap into a 3 screw junction box I had.

This is what I think is the best option right now for new installs for junction boxes:
The PFA121 / PFA122

The PFA121 is for 4 screw bases, and the PFA122 for 3 screw bases.

Looks like the difference is the top, so if you install the bottom and find you want different camera you can go with a new junction box and just swap out the top.

Certainly when the base of the cameras are changing it has made upgrading on top of a junction box more of a challenge.

1589579225087.png
1589579258920.png

I still like the wall mounts also - note there are 2 different sizes but iirc also for only the 3 screw bases.