is there a "generic" firmware available for Hi3535 based NVR? (owsoo branded)

Reaction score
This is my problem. The Owsoo 4 Channel NVR can find cameras in the network, but it does not show the picture. Error messages(
Write this out ):Not connected, Server broken,connected.
I'm sorry my English is poor.
My German language is better. Thanks.

Hermann

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Georg,

try to play around with the ONFIV adjustings in the camera.
I had the same problems and after testing the different buttons I got the picture :)
See my post some topics above!

For Georg in German
Moin Georg,

probiere mit den ONFiV Einstellungen bei der Kamera herum.
Bei mir lag der Fehler daran.
Die Kamera hatte diverse anhakbare Einstellungen. Ich hab dann irgendwas mit Fehler...blabla abgeschaltet und schon ging es.
Sieh mal meinen Beitrag weiter oben!

Hermann

n3wb
Reaction score
@onemsiz
Thanks for the link!
I am just loading the file.
But.... will it ever arrive?
It strated with 1 minute downloadtime and it gets more and more :)
now it tells me 17Minutes left.... will tell you the results :)

Hermann

n3wb
Reaction score
I just updated the firmware of the NVR
For the next who does it....
User: admin
Password: nothing :)

The look and feel is a little bit nicer, but the motion detection is still not working :-(
Help!!!

Reaction score
Hallo Hermann,
danke für die schnelle Antwort. Das schöne ist, dass der OWSOO NVR vorher mit den Kameras gelaufen ist. Ich habe zuletzt bei den Kameras die Firmware aktualisiert.Ich habe auch versucht von der oben angegebene Webseite die neu Firmware( für 4 Kanal) in den NVR aufzuspielen. Fehlermeldung : keine Firmware -Files vorhanden.Die innere Daten des NVR-s : Produkt mode :NVR8 ( obwohl er 4 Kanal anzeigt), Software Version :V.1.0.14960.Hardver Version: V.1.11.1. Software Time: 2015.11.02. Neue Ideen für Firmware-aufspielen ?
Hi Hermann
Thanks for the quick response.
Earlier, the OWSOO - NVR signaled the camera picture, just updating the camera firmware.
I downloaded the firmware from here (for 4-channel NVR) .Error message: There is no a firmware for update.
NVR internal data:produkt mode :NVR8 ( the NVR is for 4 Channel), Software Version :V.1.0.14960.Hardver Version: V.1.11.1. Software Time: 2015.11.02.
Idea for new firmware uploads? Or to solve the problem?

Reaction score
I found this on the Internet. This can be solved with the OWSOO 4 CH NVR?
"1. NVR can detect / find IP cameras but can not display the image.
If your NVR can detect and find IP cameras, they can not display the image. You must then modify the NVR video stream type. You can increase NVR decoding resolution or reduce IP camera resolution.
If the NVR can not display thumbnail / preview images, you must check the subroutine / secondary stream setting. If the NVR can display the thumbnail / preview image, but if you double-click it, the image disappears, you must check the Main stream setting."

Reaction score
The look and feel is a little bit nicer, but the motion detection is still not working :-(
Help!!!
I could not get motion detection to work either, as far as i understood, it depends on which protocol motion detection is running on your camera. Many cameras do not seem to use the standard onvif protocol, so you have to upload the required protocol.

Reaction score
Thanks. Firmware -update is OK. The problem is the same. The Owsoo 4 Channel NVR can find cameras in the network, but it does not show the picture. Error messages(
Write this out ):Not connected, Server broken.

Reaction score
Thanks. Firmware -update is OK. The problem is the same. The Owsoo 4 Channel NVR can find cameras in the network, but it does not show the picture. Error messages(
Write this out ):Not connected, Server broken.
What camera are you using? As what type of camera did you add your camera? Did you use the correct login/password of the camera? Try to add your camera manually with proper settings.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Is it working on your pc? Try via onvif manager or cms first. Notice your onvif port and then add your camera manually on NVR. I got "Not connected, Server broken." messages, when my login was wrong.

Reaction score
Is it working on your pc? Try via onvif manager or cms first. Notice your onvif port and then add your camera manually on NVR. I got "Not connected, Server broken." messages, when my login was wrong.
Thanks for the answer.
The camera had previously shown the image via the NVR. The firmware of the camera has been updated. Others have not changed. The CMS does not go with the camera with IsPy on the PC. If I manually enter the camera into the NVR, it does not work. I have no idea.

Reaction score
@Hermann Motion Detection works fine with my Harex and Gadinan Cameras (both IMX322+HI3516C), but does not work on my Escam QD900 (Aptina MI5100+Hi3518).

Hermann

n3wb
Reaction score
@ skumdifusen
Thanks for the info about the motion detection.
Therefore it seems that it is a camera problem.

But if it is a cameraproblem that means the motion detection is not done in the NVR.
The NVR has the picture (otherwise we could not see it) and should be able to do the motion detection.

My cameras do motion detection on their own, but I can not use it.
Even with the lowest setting of the dection level it sends me messages every 10 seconds :-(

KyleRiemen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like you said, everything is done by the camera itself i guess. There would be no need for an onvif 2.2+ standard with explicit motion detection compatibility, if the NVR could do it on its own just by analysing the rtsp streams.
I think it is all just a question of having the correct protocols, so the NVR is granted access to Camera functions.

I have the same problem with the Escam qd900, it is totally noisy in low light, so it sends motion detection constantly. Just go with a better camera. The imx322/hi3516c cost only 34$ and delivers far better quality than the 50$ Escam qd900.

Escam
escam-qd900.png

IMX322/hi3516c
gadinan.png

Last edited:

Brian2hand

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem with Owsoo 16ch nvr - it finds the cameras fine, but is only showing 4 of the 16 images, the rest day "server broken". I have set all cameras IP to the same subnet and checked all usernames and passwords - they work fine on CMS and web browser, but not on crappy Owsoo NVR. I have other NVR which all work fine - it is NVR not camera issue.

KyleRiemen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Max Synchronous Playback: 4-ch 1080P",
maybe thats the prob?

i guess it can decode and record 16CH@1080p, but local synchronous playback is 4x1080p max.

Last edited: