is there a "generic" firmware available for Hi3535 based NVR? (owsoo branded)

Reaction score
"I have the same problem with Owsoo 16ch nvr - it finds the cameras fine, but is only showing 4 of the 16 images, the rest day "server broken". I have set all cameras IP to the same subnet and checked all usernames and passwords - they work fine on CMS and web browser, but not on crappy Owsoo NVR. I have other NVR which all work fine - it is NVR not camera issue."

I have previously worked with the z OWSOO 4 CH recorder. The error occurred after Camera firmware update. Unfortunately, the camera does not have the old firmware.

NXTwoThou

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having some issues with the 8CH Owsoo that I'd gotten earlier in the year and thought doing a firmware update might help and found this topic. The problem is, the firmware listed here is for 6008, my DVR is a 7008(v1.0.1.5714). Has anyone been able to find an update for it? I was so happy to see the 5927 on this post, but when I went to update, it said it couldn't find "FileUpdate-H7008-ver.bin".

KyleRiemen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been having some issues with the 8CH Owsoo that I'd gotten earlier in the year and thought doing a firmware update might help and found this topic. The problem is, the firmware listed here is for 6008, my DVR is a 7008(v1.0.1.5714). Has anyone been able to find an update for it? I was so happy to see the 5927 on this post, but when I went to update, it said it couldn't find "FileUpdate-H7008-ver.bin".
http://www.jovecloud.com/edown/secureye 3 into 1/secure 3 into 1/8 channel/update/

Could be this one, but iti s risky. Jovecloud is a service from jovision. The owsoo seems to be a rebranded jovision NVR.

NXTwoThou

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow! HUGE Difference. From 1.0.1.5714 to 1.0.2.7009. There's another spot on that site too that gives 1.0.1.6939. Thanks!

NXTwoThou

n3wb
Reaction score
This is my secondary unit I've got up in the ceiling of a building my boss owns across the street. We took it down, updated it, reconfigured it, then shoved it back up there. One of those "as long as we can connect to it over our network" things. The layout is majorly different. v1.0.1.5714 had menu areas across the top that you moved your mouse over and it changed the window underneath it. If you weren't careful, you frequently switched categories. AKA, same as this video (I grabbed a screen shot).

I'm kind of curious if 1.0.1.6939 uses the new or old interface.. I just don't have time to go to shut off security system from my computer, go next door, grab their ladder, go across the street, take apart the ceiling, unplug everything, carry it back to my building to get it set up on a monitor, and flash it to test(knowing that I'd then have to reconfigure everything again after)

Attachments

NXTwoThou

n3wb
Reaction score
Note, it still has the same problem I was hoping to fix. It's flipped the resolution on my cameras where they are scaled funny so they look tall and skinny rather than widescreen. If I use CMS and do a Matrix Out on my 1080 monitor, it looks scaled properly, but in the stream and if I use the web interface, they are all sorts of squished. Ah well, thanks to this forum, I did everything I could(by getting the latest software)

KyleRiemen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see no 1.0.1.6939 firmware. Can provide link? I tried jdvr-recover-H7016.bin firmware from 16ch directory, it does not boot.

Reaction score
Just applied the new firmware to my Owsoo 8 CH NVR, does anyone know the release notes/differences? There is a file in the zip but I cannot read it.
Also, is there any way on the Owsoo to set a pre-record for cameras (so that it records a few seconds before the motion)?
Thanks

geopapai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have the OWSOO 4cam NVR. At some point I upgraded through this thread to version 1.0.1.5927 (many thanks). I had 2 cams (SV3C POE 1080P) all fine.
Now I added two more - same model (though they have a later firmware) and I cannot get them to connect. The problem is that though these are found by the NVR, but they appear as Localhost and not HDIPC cams. When I add them and put their password the NVR freezes... Keep in mind that initially one of the new played normally on my NVR.
Now, I played with "all" possible cam settings (1080, 920, kbps, frames, streams etc...) no change. I reset the NVR to factory, same thing. Reset cams, nothing... Take a look at my pics...

Anyone with insight to this problem? My guess is that I have to "fine tune" the cam video stream so that the damn Owsoo sees them as HD cams...

download.jpg download (1).jpg download (2).jpg

Also, I have downloaded firmware version 1.0.1.6964 but has only 3 files in the rar archive (identical to the 1.0.1.5927, only missing the flash_xxxxx file). Anyone with a newer firmware and a link that works?

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

geopapai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have the OWSOO 4cam NVR. At some point I upgraded through this thread to version 1.0.1.5927 (many thanks). I had 2 cams (SV3C POE 1080P) all fine.
Now I added two more - same model (though they have a later firmware) and I cannot get them to connect. The problem is that though these are found by the NVR, but they appear as Localhost and not HDIPC cams. When I add them and put their password the NVR freezes... Keep in mind that initially one of the new played normally on my NVR.
Now, I played with "all" possible cam settings (1080, 920, kbps, frames, streams etc...) no change. I reset the NVR to factory, same thing. Reset cams, nothing... Take a look at my pics...

Anyone with insight to this problem? My guess is that I have to "fine tune" the cam video stream so that the damn Owsoo sees them as HD cams...

View attachment 26867 View attachment 26869 View attachment 26870

Also, I have downloaded firmware version 1.0.1.6964 but has only 3 files in the rar archive (identical to the 1.0.1.5927, only missing the flash_xxxxx file). Anyone with a newer firmware and a link that works?

Thanks so much in advance!
OK since I figured it out, an UPDATE to this cause someone might need it:

My Owsoo has the Hi3520 chipset (both for 4 and 8 IP cams). The firmware is identical with this Sunywo brand. you can download version 1.0.1.6964 at 资源下载 - 尚维国际 by selecting NVR4 20161110-Xin Wei Hao -NVR4-V1.0.1.6964 (or8). You have to update it via your update section in the NVR. You will get a downloading chip image, once it dissapears and the NVR reboots you can remove your usb (otherwise it will loop update forever). This version seems to add a Wifi capability for those who need it - probably via wifi dongle.

In my case this update did not solve anything (no comment) BUT I managed to find (better say discover) the firmware download page of my SV3C POE cams... The latest firmware did the trick...

It only took me 2 full days (!@#$%^&) and endless pages to end up to these, so I share my wisdom with you... Cheers...

rafik24

n3wb
Reaction score
To those that wonder what their non compatible or non ONVIF camera will be doing,

then i can say it can work on the oswoo 8ch and probably other models.

You can make an onvif gateway that will mimic an onvif service and point to your ip/rtsp camera.

The link GitHub - kristian/rpos-gateway: Raspberry Pi ONVIF Gateway based on rpos

i got this running on a raspberry pi 3 however it is nodejs based and should run on other hardware / platforms.

The only tweak i needed after configuration was to ensure i had 2 profiles as the NVR uses the lowest grade one and the code by default only advertises a single profile which is deemed as high grade by the NVR so you see no picture.

I spend about 48 hours figuring this and how the NVR works, however it is the price to pay when you go for the low end.

However i would say this does a lot for the price and is worth it if you have some time and skills.

Karsten

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I have the OWSOO 4cam NVR,
I tried to update the firmware, unfortunately the attempt was unsuccessful, sh...
Now the system bricked!! It does not boot an update with usb is not synonymous.
What can I do now?
Thank you for coming answers.......

Karsten

KyleRiemen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Need more information. Which firmware did you use? Does it even try to boot? Did you try another firmware?
It should be possible to bring it back to life with a USB UART cable.

Karsten

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had tried to update to 1.0.1.6964 firmware. The system stop at the 2 last boot pins. Then i do it again, now the system don't load the firmwarefiles from usb. Can i load the files with an usb-uart sitck? I have locate the rx and tx pins on the board.

KyleRiemen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like it is not "bricked", it just seems to have some bootproblems. Did you rename the flash file? The NVR will look out for a file with a specific filename to flash before booting. After flashing it should be looking for the same filename as before, but maybe it is looking for a new filename now.

E.g. my receiver is looking for "jdvr-recover-sw-mbn7216-h4.bin" filename to flash, now i could take the "jdvr-recover-H7016.bin", a firmware made for another receiver, rename it to "jdvr-recover-sw-mbn7216-h4.bin" and flash it on my receiver (good chance to really brick your device). But now with the new firmware, it will be looking for a file named "jdvr-recover-H7016.bin" at boot. So if you want to go back to original firmware, you will have to rename your original firmware "jdvr-recover-sw-mbn7216-h4.bin" to "jdvr-recover-H7016.bin".

With serial connection you will be able to see, what firmware filename your NVR is looking for during the boot. You will also be able to see, where your actual boot is failing and also be able flash a new firmware via TFTP, but i guess that would be a little bit trickier (haven't taken a look at it yet).

Last edited: