Is this real? Any members (OTHER THAN the vendor) have pics or video showing the same color quality under the same conditions? Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of threads on these cameras, they are the hikvision colorvu which are great in low light. You need to watch the entire nellys video, particularly the end. That still shot is taken at slow exposure settings. If you expect the camera to give you a clear crisp image with no lighting dont buy it.

imow304

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. You sound well informed. Are there any cams (that you know of) out there that do legitimately stream and record this quality crisp video under these conditions, or am I searching for a unicorn lol? Thanks again. I appreciate your intelligent input!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty. You sound well informed. Are there any cams (that you know of) out there that do legitimately stream and record this quality crisp video under these conditions, or am I searching for a unicorn lol? Thanks again. I appreciate your intelligent input!
Do you want to spend 10k or more and install a large camera with housing? Its cheaper to install a flood light. The colorvu and the dahau starlights 4mp cameras have a large 1/1.8" sensor that is going to give you the best low light capability at this price point.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As @fenderman mentioned, these are long exposures. Motion blur will be bad.

My Dahua Starlight cameras are amazing at low light with their factory settings. But when motion starts to happen, good luck I.D.ing anyone because of the bad motion blur unless they literally stop and stare at the camera. All of us tweak the nighttime settings in order to get rid of the blur. That means shortening the exposure settings which reduces their ability somewhat at night time.

There is no substitution for more light. Everything else is just long exposures and artificial gain.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are there shadows in the first picture, that have distinct lines. Also light reflecting off the windshield. Why is the sky blue. That is not a night picture. It is marketing BS.

Static pictures do not provide any useful information. It must be a video with motion.

Look at
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+