Issue with Hik-Connect on android, cannot setup doorbell with wifi

Deten

n3wb
Reaction score
I made a screen recording to show what the issue is.

When "adding device" for my doorbell, i need to connect the device to my wifi. I cannot manually input the info the app only lets me connect to my wifi. But for some reason I get caught in a loop. The app asks me to connect but I am already connected. I try changing to a different network and back... Doesn't help.

Of course I am already doing 2.4GHz so that isn't the issue.

Not sure if it's an apk permission problem, I've already enabled all permissions. But it doesn't even ask for location permissio. Which I think is required for android to get wifi info. Maybe it's just a fault in the apk itself?

Any help is appreciated!

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
You probably need to turn off cellular data. Android, when it has no connection to the internet, will switch over to mobile data. When you connect to the doorbell Wifi, there's no internet, and Android switches over to mobile data. Then the app can't see the doorbell, and it's a mess. Switch off mobile data, have wifi on, then load the app, let it switch wifi networks, and then it should see the device and be able to communicate with it.

Deten

n3wb
Reaction score
Really good idea. I thought that could be the problem. Unfortunately I tried and it didn't work :(