Issues on fps Setup

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
or it can be that the camera is changing the fps based on the stream blue iris is looking for...you can test this by pulling the exact same stream via vlc...
the solution is to avoid foscam...they are crap. This does NOT happen with any other camera i have ever used with blue iris. Blue iris does not actively change the cameras fps, it is NOT sending a command to change the fps. That is fact.
if you believe this is a blue iris issue, why dont you email support?
I couldn't try with VLC because it required exact URL, which remained a mystery because I looked up in the internet, and none of those that were suggested actually worked. (I wonder about the URL that is used by Blue Iris).

Anyway, I tried three different software, each of them either successfully connected over ONVIF or just knew the camera. I tried InstarVision, IP CENTCOM and Security Monitor Pro 5 (trial version). All of them connected to the cam without changing its settings. I did it many times with same result. Blue Iris is the only software that resets camera stream to default (HD) after connecting to it. It by the way happens every time I got a radio interference with my wifi long enough as to cause the Blue Iris to reconnect. The only solution for me now is to keep a small Blue Iris Status Window on top and keep checking it every time I am around. If I notice the fps going up, I go to the camera web interface and change settings back.

It's a bad solution, I know, because the change happens once in one or two hours in average. But I am not in a position to invest one thousand euros in replacing of all of my cams with a different camera brand right now. Also, because it is an art exposition, we got special requirement to camera design and we need talk enabled (to shout at customers "Please don't touch!" :) ). Foscam C1 fits well. Other cameras' low end either lacking one or both features.

Whether Foscam is "crap" or not, it is in the Blue Iris Supported Camera List. Foscam supports Blue Iris back, too, by recommending it and by selling it through their website.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't try with VLC because it required exact URL, which remained a mystery because I looked up in the internet, and none of those that were suggested actually worked. (I wonder about the URL that is used by Blue Iris).

Anyway, I tried three different software, each of them either successfully connected over ONVIF or just knew the camera. I tried InstarVision, IP CENTCOM and Security Monitor Pro 5 (trial version). All of them connected to the cam without changing its settings. I did it many times with same result. Blue Iris is the only software that resets camera stream to default (HD) after connecting to it. It by the way happens every time I got a radio interference with my wifi long enough as to cause the Blue Iris to reconnect. The only solution for me now is to keep a small Blue Iris Status Window on top and keep checking it every time I am around. If I notice the fps going up, I go to the camera web interface and change settings back.

It's a bad solution, I know, because the change happens once in one or two hours in average. But I am not in a position to invest one thousand euros in replacing of all of my cams with a different camera brand right now. Also, because it is an art exposition, we got special requirement to camera design and we need talk enabled (to shout at customers "Please don't touch!" :) ). Foscam C1 fits well. Other cameras' low end either lacking one or both features.

Whether Foscam is "crap" or not, it is in the Blue Iris Supported Camera List. Foscam supports Blue Iris back, too, by recommending it and by selling it through their website.
If only there was a way you can email support...
The other software can be using a different url...

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
OK. I have written a very long email to the support. Let's see if it helps.
The support person sounded like they didn't believe me--basically told me to f*ck off. Well that's not the way I used to get a support feedback, but I am trying one more time. I am posting a screen video that looks simple enough and I believe sounds convincing. I am showing on the video how I change camera settings, save them, refresh the page, see my settings preserved, then I start the Blue Iris service, then refresh the settings page again and sadly find the setting back to "HD mode". Believe me I tried it numerous times with same effect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The support person sounded like they didn't believe me--basically told me to f*ck off. Well that's not the way I used to get a support feedback, but I am trying one more time. I am posting a screen video that looks simple enough and I believe sounds convincing. I am showing on the video how I change camera settings, save them, refresh the page, see my settings preserved, then I start the Blue Iris service, then refresh the settings page again and sadly find the setting back to "HD mode". Believe me I tried it numerous times with same effect.

when you make accusations like that you need to post EXACTLY what they told you.

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
when you make accusations like that you need to post EXACTLY what they told you.
Nobody has given me permission to leak to a public forum from a private email conversation. If the author of the email wanted to share its content in the web, they would do it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody has given me permission to leak to a public forum from a private email conversation. If the author of the email wanted to share its content in the web, they would do it.
you dont need permission to share an email...so as far as I see it you are a liar.
you dont have a problem saying he told you to fuck off but you have a problem posting the email? whats the problem? You are afraid to "leak" an email? please its a SUPPORT email not a sex tape or national security. In my experience folks that are vague and secretive as you, are full of crap.
My guess is your support expired and you dont want to renew:)

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
you dont need permission to share an email...so as far as I see it you are a liar.
you dont have a problem saying he told you to fuck off but you have a problem posting the email? whats the problem? You are afraid to "leak" an email? please its a SUPPORT email not a sex tape or national security. In my experience folks that are vague and secretive as you, are full of crap.
My guess is your support expired and you dont want to renew:)
Whoa. You are trolling like a professional IRA troll. :) Very nice.

I posted my opinion. I don't need permission for posting it. Sorry for having to teach you the basics, but if you ever worked in a support in a company, you should know that personal email is always personal and needs a permission to share. And by the way it was you who advised me on switching to personal conversation. I described the support response as "f*ck off" because it was in short what it sounded what I got from them, like the topic was closed and there would be no any conversation on it. But it's fine. If you don't want to support the product, just refund the money and remove the cams that you call "crap" from supported camera list. When you put unsupported cameras on the supported list, it is what is called LYING.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa. You are trolling like a professional IRA troll. :) Very nice.

I posted my opinion. I don't need permission for posting it. Sorry for having to teach you the basics, but if you ever worked in a support in a company, you should know that personal email is always personal and needs a permission to share. And by the way it was you who advised me on switching to personal conversation. I described the support response as "f*ck off" because it was in short what it sounded what I got from them, like the topic was closed and there would be no any conversation on it. But it's fine. If you don't want to support the product, just refund the money and remove the cams that you call "crap" from supported camera list. When you put unsupported cameras on the supported list, it is what is called LYING.
You don't work for any company..there is no rule preventing you from posting it....stop playing stupid...you are a liar....you want free support without paying for it....your support is expired.
I advised you to contact support...this forum is not associated with blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My questions are specific and on topic of the conversation. Let someone associated with Blue Iris respond. Any technical advice from a professional is also welcome.
There's no one from blueiris on this forum... They did respond to you but you refused to tell us what their response was because you are lying...

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
If you know the way the video can be improved, like adding more parts of the experiment, I would appreciate your advice. The email conversation is irrelevant.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you know the way the video can be improved, like adding more parts of the experiment, I would appreciate your advice. The email conversation is irrelevant.
The email conversation is VERY relevant. What is the secret? What are you being deceptive. Did you even email support?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not paid for user support. Blue Iris is paid, but they are useless. They just got quiet immediately after they got my money. Ask them for details if you believe otherwise.
You are a liar...you dont have support and you wanted free support...you fabricated your prior posts...scumbag.

You are also an asshole...you posted your question here seeking free support by users who are unpaid..leach

Last edited:

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I am just offering you to follow my steps and try to ask Blue Iris the same question, because you don't believe me (without slightest reason). We will see how quickly they solve it. If I publish the details here, they will just steal it from here. To prove I really got the answer I can send you a passworded zip with my answer. Once you get the answer from them, I send you the password, so you can check :) Then I will share it here, too.