Issues with Tiny Cam pro monitor and LTS NVR

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to get tinycam working with my current setup using LTS camera and NVR. I'm able to use ivms4500 without any issues but I can only see my camera using ONVIF with snapshot protocol on tinycam. I have the ONVIF port number set to the port that my NVR assigns to manage my camera. What do I need to change to view the h.264 stream from camera?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to get tinycam working with my current setup using LTS camera and NVR. I'm able to use ivms4500 without any issues but I can only see my camera using ONVIF with snapshot protocol on tinycam. I have the ONVIF port number set to the port that my NVR assigns to manage my camera. What do I need to change to view the h.264 stream from camera?
LTS NVR is same as Hikvision and it works. Did you change stream type from jpeg?

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not able to view anything when I connect directly to the NVR. It's just when I use the port assigned by the NVR for camera management I'm able to see the snapshot view.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
The app will try to create app_logs.txt into /sdcard/tinycammon directory. Try to manually send it.

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no tinycammon folder on my phone.

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured out my mistake. I didn't go into the sub menu to identify the camera number. Everything is working great now.

wcp

n3wb
Reaction score
BeerNut,

Would you be able to share the settings from one of your cameras (from within TinyCam) or a screenshot of your Hikvision/LTS NVR connection? I have a 32 channel and a 16 channel (IP Cam/Platinum NVRs) system, I can't get either to talk to either over the internet (I am port forwarding from the outside in). I have yet to try from the LAN itself. I have had 100% success with both NVMS7000 as well as IP Cam Viewer, however I need to monitor these systems on a couple of large LED TVs, thus Android box and TinyCam Pro seems to be the most cost effective marriage.

Thank you for any tips -

WCP

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
WCP, did you figure this out, trying to get Tinycam Pro to connect on the local lan that has the NVR and get that part working before moving on to outside access.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
WCP, did you figure this out, trying to get Tinycam Pro to connect on the local lan that has the NVR and get that part working before moving on to outside access.

Thanks
make sure you are using the correct ports..

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They look default to me 543 rtsp, 80 for the webpage, but I did see an 8000 go by, but I think that was for something else.

Which "camera" so you select, perhaps I did not spot the NVR selection that is in there someplace.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Default RTSP port is 554, not 543. tinyCam uses RTSP port to connect.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They look default to me 543 rtsp, 80 for the webpage, but I did see an 8000 go by, but I think that was for something else.

Which "camera" so you select, perhaps I did not spot the NVR selection that is in there someplace.
default rtsp should be 554, 8554 or 10554. Select hikvision and the 7204 or 7208

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you will give that a try in a bit on the phone.

The OLD tablet reports 100% dropped frames, so I see nothing at the moment, have to figure that one out later too, but at least I get some rec'd data now.

Last edited by a moderator: