iVMS-4200 PCNVR v1.03.05.04 is there an upgrade?

Reaction score
I had a very hard time finding this version I have installed. Hikvision is VERY bad about documenting their software and providing current updates. I remember when I installed this system nearly 2 years ago now, I had to install like 5 different versions of this iVMS software and if I remember correctly some versions came with the pcnvr software built into it and some did not. Am I correct?

What should I do to use the newest version of their software to manage my hikvision cameras?

The way it's setup now is I have 3 cameras all going to a windows 2012 server with a storage services raid array going to a drive letter on that server. I've created a drive just to store the video that the ivms software formatted itself and uses itself only. I'd like to keep this same setup but utilize their newest software in hopes that they finally made the plugins more compatible with newer and various types of browsers (IE/chrome/firefox, and windows 10)

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The latest version of iVMS4200 PCNVR is what @alastairstevenson pointed. But this software is no longer supported by Hikvision, and it doesn't support the latest IP cameras/firmwares.
You should use the latest version of the pure iVMS4200 software which has a build in Storage server application for recording.
About the plugins - Hikvision said now the're working on a plugin-free architecture based on HTML5, and compatible with all the browsers supporting HTML5. First firmware versions will be released in the next two-three weeks, of course initially they will not support the full set of functionallity the plugins does.

Reaction score
The latest version of iVMS4200 PCNVR is what @alastairstevenson pointed. But this software is no longer supported by Hikvision, and it doesn't support the latest IP cameras/firmwares.
You should use the latest version of the pure iVMS4200 software which has a build in Storage server application for recording.
About the plugins - Hikvision said now the're working on a plugin-free architecture based on HTML5, and compatible with all the browsers supporting HTML5. First firmware versions will be released in the next two-three weeks, of course initially they will not support the full set of functionallity the plugins does.
That page makes no sense to me. Looking at the dates the files are added and the version numbers, they make it sound like the lowest version is the newest software.

It looks like everyone is having some sort of problem with the newest firmwares. Almost scares me into not wanting to upgrade. :/

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That page makes no sense to me. Looking at the dates the files are added and the version numbers, they make it sound like the lowest version is the newest software.

It looks like everyone is having some sort of problem with the newest firmwares. Almost scares me into not wanting to upgrade. :/
Its a european link...the dates are, day/ month /year...

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering, do you guys know of a guide on how to setup the iVMS-4200 storage server? I installed it today but wasn't sure if it's working or not. I added the NVR to my iVMS-4200 list, then do the remote configuration for the PC-NVR server, formatted my HDD, then added the cameras with a schedule. I went to remote playback, searched the individual cameras on the system and found the video, so I unplugged my NVR to see if it actually saved a copy of it or not. I could find the last hours worth of video, so I'm assuming it's working. It looks like the remote playback combines both recorded footage from the NVR + the local storage server and serves it to you but I'm not 100% sure.

Does anyone know?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: