iVMS Client Problems

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you can pull recordings when you run the client on your dedicated machine, but not another machine? The other machine sees the Storage Server in "Record Schedule"? Are they on the same LAN?

In the "Remote Playback" tab, are you searching under "View", "Camera", or "Event"? It was finicky to get set up...

Reaction score
So you can pull recordings when you run the client on your dedicated machine, but not another machine? The other machine sees the Storage Server in "Record Schedule"? Are they on the same LAN?

In the "Remote Playback" tab, are you searching under "View", "Camera", or "Event"? It was finicky to get set up...
OK, i did check the "Storage Server" box on the main desktop. All good now, however, the storage server is recording everything, not just on motion. Could this be becuase its dark outside and IR lights are creating a glare?

Attachments

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, I goofed. On the "Record Schedule" tab in the client. Select "Event Template" for the record schedule. Then click advanced and select your pre-record and post-record periods. Didn't have it in front of me.

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Leaving the Video Expired Time as 0 supposedly just waits until the drive is full before it starts recording over the oldest footage.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is great info johngalt! This really helped me a lot! :cool:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should write a How-To-Book!:D
Or Youtube it.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally got it working:laugh:
I had to use pcnvr 1.02.00.03
Thanks johngalt!
Hmmmm, seems to have a lot of features for being free!
Hmmmm, to bad bi don't have some of these features! Hmmm:sick:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally got it working:laugh:
I had to use pcnvr 1.02.00.03
Thanks johngalt!
Hmmmm, seems to have a lot of features for being free!
Hmmmm, to bad bi don't have some of these features! Hmmm:sick:
What functions does pcnvr have that blue iris doesnt?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What functions does pcnvr have that blue iris doesnt?
You'll be Happy!:)
I take it all back. PCNVR uses double the amount of cpu compared to bi d2d. I redid my configurations and am now letting bi record 24/7. I would like to see intrusion line in bi and more control of snapshots. I'm not the best at explaining things, but I will chat with ken when i can. Believe you me I have spent months trying to per-fect my system and feel for now that it is finished (using bi)! I just need a few hundred more hard drives. By the ways that pdf bi book really helped getting it per-fected! So many Thanks for it!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I take it all back. PCNVR uses double the amount of cpu compared to bi d2d. I redid my configurations and am now letting bi record 24/7. I would like to see intrusion line in bi and more control of snapshots. I'm not the best at explaining things, but I will chat with ken when i can. Believe you me I have spent months trying to per-fect my system and feel for now that it is finished (using bi)! I just need a few hundred more hard drives. By the ways that pdf bi book really helped getting it per-fected! So many Thanks for it!
Ken indicated that he will add line detection.. You can use the cameras built in line detection with blue iris, IF your hikvision camera has alarm out..like the 2432,2532IS, 2732IS, 2132F-IS etc

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Why use the pcnvr? Set up the server and use the client on a remote machine. The server running uses barely any cpu blue iris just kills cpus.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why use the pcnvr? Set up the server and use the client on a remote machine. The server running uses barely any cpu blue iris just kills cpus.
That setup requires having two pc's running...some folks display their cameras in live view to a monitor cams 24/7....also ivms/pcnvr has a bare bones feature set compared to blue iris.
When blue iris is minimized and not displaying it too uses very little cpu....
The release notes for v4 indicates a windows client for blue iris is planned in the future.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That setup requires having two pc's running...some folks display their cameras in live view to a monitor cams 24/7....also ivms/pcnvr has a bare bones feature set compared to blue iris.
When blue iris is minimized and not displaying it too uses very little cpu....
The release notes for v4 indicates a windows client for blue iris is planned in the future.
how does it require two computers? You can run the 4200 software when needed on the computer running the server otherwise you can close the client software the server still record. You can run the client on another computer and leave it up like I do and it hardly use any cpu only when it's opened on the server computer the cpu goes up. This thread explains the whole process.

Run the the app on a iPad or tablet some where else in the house full time for viewing. I have three iPads mounted in wall in three different areas that are viewing all the time. Works just fine

Actually bi when minized didn't stop using tons on cup I tested it for about a month and it was no different cpu still ran high

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
how does it require two computers? You can run the 4200 software when needed on the computer running the server otherwise you can close the client software the server still record. You can run the client on another computer and leave it up like I do and it hardly use any cpu only when it's opened on the server computer the cpu goes up. This thread explains the whole process.

Actually bi when minized didn't stop using tons on cup I tested it for about a month and it was no different cpu still ran high
It requires two computers if you want to live view the client 24/7....
There is a significant cpu reduction with blue iris when its minimized at least on my 20 systems....
IVMS is ok if all you need is basic recording and are using hikvision products exclusively...if you want to use alerts and more complex functions its pretty useless - just like nvr's are for the most part.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It requires two computers if you want to live view the client 24/7....
There is a significant cpu reduction with blue iris when its minimized at least on my 20 systems....
IVMS is ok if all you need is basic recording and are using hikvision products exclusively...if you want to use alerts and more complex functions its pretty useless - just like nvr's are for the most part.

With todays time everyone has a tablet no need really for a second outer IMO

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With todays time everyone has a tablet no need really for a second outer IMO
Tablet screens are tiny....here is just a sample of some of my setups...
Blue iris pc in home office, where a 21"-23" screen is on
in a business on large TV
hdmi out signal distributed to tv's and 10" led screens thought the home.
tablets running the blue iris app over wifi will eventually loose connection...if you want a stable image you need to run hdmi...

Everyone had different needs, thats why these products exist.