IVS or Motion

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
POE switch is a small TP Link : TL-SG 1005P.

4 Poe with a 56W power Budget overall.

Only has 2 cameras connected though so should be well within power budget.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post record is how long it records to the SD card.

Yeah all those screenshots look good.

I guess try H264 and not H264H.

Are you recording to SD card continuous?

If H264 or not recording continuous doesn't fix it, then I am leaning towards a failing switch or port. I have seen FPS fluctuate when the camera is starved for power. Heck I was experiencing that just this week as one of ports started failing - FPS was all over the place. Moved it to another port and all is good.

If you have an injector or another switch, give that a try.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Switch model now up.

Unsure as to how to control the SD card configuration.

I have switched ports once but no effect (moved both cameras down 1 port which should have given 1 camera a previously unused port). I don't have another switch.

The switch is in an enclosure in the garage but it's winter here - 7 degrees C so can't imagine heat being an issue even in a sealed enclosure.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK since you don't have another power supply, lets try H264 and 8192 bitrate. Perhaps running at max bitrate is causing the camera to stutter. It usually only happens when someone is running rated specs of FPS, bitrate, and one or two other rated features, but lets drop the requirement of the camera as a test and see if it still does it then.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I've compromised and put it to h264 at 12,000K and 3,000K respectively. That reduces the overhead.

When I logged back into the drive camera, the AI has now boxed my parked car indicating it's detected it although there are no triggers on the BI timeline.

One other interesting item, there's a message that my C drive (the ssd) is over allocated in BI. It looks as if maybe something is writing to C which might explain the stutter:

C Drives Overallocated.jpg

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Just checked. Somehow the folders got allocated to C instead of D, so that might explain the stutter as it was writing to the SSD holding the program files. I'll monitor now and maybe try putting the data rate back up if all seems ok. The only issue now is the triggering.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
It will show a box around cars and humans, just to show they were detected. It doesn't necessarily mean there was/is a trigger.

My PTZ rule is set for only humans, but the AI still boxes the cars. (and apparently the mailbox and post)

1681265097738.png

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've found my single 2231 to have a higher missed detection rate than other models. Even the old chinese market cameras do better. Perhaps they overshot in trying to reduce false positives? I do not use human/vehicle detection.
Yes, that may well be the case. I just set it up again and played with it in light of this discussion. It takes about a 1-2 seconds to catch the dark cork in front of the white ceiling. If the cork rectangle has fully cleared the tripwire, the cork is safe from detection. And oddly enough, under some circumstances, the cork isn't even detected for a long time.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm getting no response from the lines at all.

I've put in a support ticket request over at BI. Hopefully, they may be able to clear this all up.

I have now moved the errant folders - c houses db and logs, and d video clips in new (active) and stored (set to 0mb of space to prevent it's use).

This could only happen to me. I set up everything supposedly correctly and nothing works!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have an SD card in the camera to confirm it is triggering?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm getting no response from the lines at all.
Can you access the camera directly through IE explorer? If so, check the camera log for triggers. It should record in its internal log motion detects and triggers.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have an SD card in the camera to confirm it is triggering?
I can get it to trigger on motion in Blue Iris.

Did have some success previously in camera with motion but nothing now.

The trouble I'm having atm is deciphering whether it's a camera issue (surely not 2 cameras) or a configuration, firmware or BI Software issue. It's not proving easy to narrow.

I'm hoping that BI support might give me some feedback on what Forced Alarm means for definite as it seems an option button and therefore whether it could be a faulty poe contributing.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you access the camera directly through IE explorer? If so, check the camera log for triggers. It should record in its internal log motion detects and triggers.
Yes. I'll take a look.

There are no logs. It only has an option in Reports for Heat and People Counting.

As for the run log, it bizarrely contains 5 right logs back 1970!!!

I opened the latest log and this is what it contains (viewed in notepad):

RANDENPToí óq©ÏçL¾ÏðS4311j exception_2023_04_04.log.gz

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes deleting the camera and re-adding fixes a lot of things.

Also if you made changes to the IVS rules and didn't redo the find/inspect in BI then sometimes it doesn't receive the trigger.

What do you mean by forced alarm - the lightning bolt in BI or in the camera? Int he camera you cannot force a trigger - you can record and you can set off the external alarm but that is not a trigger that BI accepts.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Forced Alarm in the camera (top right in live view):

Forced Alarm Notification.jpg

I've reset the drive camera at least 10 times and re-inspected / reconfigured BI and reinstalled the firmware once.

I did get a capture last night but using motion in BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless it changed in the new GUI pushing that won't trigger an ONVIF trigger that BI recognizes.

That is typically letting you know the camera is in active alarm mode. It is mainly for the additional wires hooked to the camera. You can turn off the alarm out and it won't turn that light red when it is triggered. I turn it off because I don't have an external alarm hooked to the camera so I turn off anything I am not using to save on the camera processor so that it is available for the things I want.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are no logs. It only has an option in Reports for Heat and People Counting.
Open the camera Web GUI (which model is it anyway?)
Try: setting>information>log>search. You should find entries, as you just logged in, which is logged.
Then change the search date as needed. Iirc, an IVS detect is reported as "event begin".
You can also go directly into the "alarm tab", check "motion detect" and "IVS" boxes.
If you then trigger, you will see a note there as well. But the cam will clean this alarm tab after you close the browser, so don't come back and expect to find something. (I don't yet understand the point of the alarm tab).

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind without an SD card the log entries will be limited. There isn't much extra memory in these cameras.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Just found a clip where trips appeared to trip. So it looks as if the lack of recording is at the BI end.

But...I have ONIV triggers enabled. Could the Camera for some reason not be sending the trigger?