IVS or Motion

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont click Manager, click GENERAL. That is what your manual says. If you dont have logs there, I cant help it.
View attachment 159901
That sounds like you feel attacked. My apologies if any of my posts are short. I'm very tired and after a week very frustrated. I do appreciate ALL help.

No logs under general in web 5.0:
General - No Logs.jpg

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't install my Color4K-T180 outside or set up everything yet. It's still sitting inside the front window facing the street.

But I click on the top right corner setting icon and then click log like bigredfish mentioned. And there are 100s of logs listed.
(mainly Event Type: SMD(Human) I did make one trip wire IVS rule for testing, but there is no option to just search trip wire
log. And it's recording to an SD card.

View attachment 159917

Looking like there's something wrong.

I'll have to check both, try some resets and if not contact Andy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As someone mentioned above, the processing power of these cameras may be marginal. I can't help but feel they're underpowered whatever the outcome here. To my mind a product should be able o run every feature at max value at the same time including simultaneous encoding without suffering stuttering or other issues. It's kind of a given that if the features are in there they should be able to be used.
Very few products are able to run every feature at max value. There is always a compromise. Running cameras at rated specs is like running your car at redline 24/7 - sure it is designed to run at redline, but not nonstop. Same with a camera - it can't keep up.

Or growing up and my parents are driving on the highway up a steep grade, in the summer we would hit the turbo button (turn off the AC LOL) on our little 4 cylinder so that we could stay the speed limit going up the hill. Same thing running a camera at rated spec.

1681473783997.png

Now in your case there is something else going on since you are running typical settings - either your ethernet card is throttling the speed in the PC, you have POE switches that are underpowered, BI is corrupt somehow, your cameras are going thru the router instead of VLAN or dual NIC, or some other bottleneck in your system.

Others are not experiencing what you have, so it is time to backtrack and investigate your system and find the bottleneck. I have several of the 4K/T and they all work and respond in BI just like everything other camera I have.

I thought these were the best out there but I'm beginning to regret buying these models.

Keep in mind many people here have said 4MP is more than sufficient for surveillance camera needs. There is a reason why the 5442 series is still the king of the hill. There is a reason why Dahua decided to keep the 5442 series with a newer chipset rather than rename/rebrand that camera with a different model - they so could have simply made it a new model number with the better specs it has, but they didn't for a reason.

Further, all one had to do was read the 4K/T review thread to know that in many ways this is still essentially a beta version camera. I purchased it knowing the problems that people were having but having faith that with all the comments folks are providing that Dahua will make firmware adjustments to correct these issues.

It absolutely sucks you are going thru these issues and I agree based on the surface of the screenshots you have posted, it all looks right, but as I said there is something we are not seeing based on screenshots that is likely the problem.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Now in your case there is something else going on since you are running typical settings - either your ethernet card is throttling the speed in the PC, you have POE switches that are underpowered, BI is corrupt somehow, your cameras are going thru the router instead of VLAN or dual NIC, or some other bottleneck in your system.
POE box shows green light on the connection speed. The Task Manager report only 30% cpu when rendering out. When not, BI reports between 4-8% cpu and around 8-14% GPU with similar for memory.

The POE is budgeted at 55-65 W (depending on where you get the specs from) for just ports, so a minimum of 15w per port. As only 2 are in use, it's probably twice that. The camera are not going through the router for definite. The connection order is camera > POE Switch > Lan card 2 BI PC > Lan Card 1 BI pc > router > modem > Internet although internet is blocked at Lan 1. I know the block is successful here as updates timeout on the cameras and for some admin procedures I have to physically disconnect them from lan 2 to lan 1 to make the adjustments.

I'll run some tests on the PC and report back, but doubt it's at this end.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I've run 3D Mark, the PC seems to come out exactly where expected for integrated graphics, so I presume given many on here use much lower rated systems with integrated graphics, that the system should be able to run BI ok.

3d Mark Score.jpg

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When my 2231 did not catch me with tripwire, I took it to my desk, set a simple tripwire condition, made the tripwire visible and observed what happened when I played with a cork in front of the lens. And then I played it from there.

I admit, in all these postings I have forgotton what your remaining problems are. :paranoid:

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I've done the triple reset on both cameras. Things do look better except i have the same bizarre log entries in both cameras and I see stutter when playing back the Main stream in BI.

I've look in Task Manager as GPU info is hidden in BI when viewing full screen and it suggests 10%. So still not sure what is happening. It appears in camera if there is any processing issue. Only way to lighten the load apart from scaling back the bit rate would be to drop the iframe to 2:1 ie 15:30.

However, WIldcat seemed to be able to run his encoder at 30fps and max bit rate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I told you before, turn off hardware acceleration. It is more problematic now.

Around the time AI was introduced in BI, many here had their system become unstable with hardware acceleration on (even if not using DeepStack or CodeProject). Some have also been fine. I started to see that error when I was using hardware acceleration several updates into when AI was added.

This hits everyone at a different point. Some had their system go wonky immediately, some it was after a specific update, and some still don't have a problem, yet the trend is showing running hardware acceleration will result in a problem at some point.

However, with substreams being introduced, the CPU% needed to offload video to a GPU (internal or external) is more than the CPU% savings seen by offloading to a GPU. Especially after about 12 cameras, the CPU goes up by using hardware acceleration.

My CPU % went down by not using hardware acceleration. But if you use it, use plain intel.

Here is a recent thread where someone turned off hardware acceleration based on my post and their CPU dropped 10-15%.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It is off:

Hardware acceleration off.jpg

Another item I don't understand here is the image format. Why is it capped at 1080P? Doesn't BI record at 4k?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@CCTVCam if it makes you feel any better. I’m having the same problem with the same camera. Was told to update FW. I not had time to try but it looks like it probably won‘t work anyhow. I bought one of these and one of the HikVisions 180 at the same time. loving the HikVisiion. But, If I get lucky and get camera to working I’ll let you know.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is off:

View attachment 160035

Another item I don't understand here is the image format. Why is it capped at 1080P? Doesn't BI record at 4k?
That is the image size it is showing on your multi-screen view, so that is the substream resolution.

BI records it in mainstream resolution depending on how you set up recording (cont or cont+triggers).

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I have now got my cameras working but I've had to take the loads off to do it.

Still not logging though.

I will make a post elsewhere, but I've stopped all detection in the cameras other than trip wires. I've stopped AI determination of human / vehicles. Literally, all I'm running now is image settings and bare trips. I'm letting CodeProject AI do all detection work now.

Doing this, it's working OK although I'm having to keep an eye on the settings as the image settings do seem to occasionally either get forgotten or change themselves.

1fxman, I'm glad it's not just me. I wonder if Dahua have changed something in the hardware since Wildcat tested and the cameras now have insufficient cpu or memory?

I have tried to speak to Andy both on here and by PM but he's been recently ignored all posts which is very disappointing as he's always given great service in the past. It would be good if we could all wokr together to solve and issues with Dahau and maybe get Dahua to get thes cameras swapped out if there's an inherent hardware issue when they've finally solved the issue and updated the cameras.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got a camera during Andy's sale and mine works as it is supposed to, as do my previous ones.

I have asked before and I don't think you have answered - is the camera going thru a router or is it isolated from the router via either dual NIC or VLAN?

Let's take BI out of the picture for the moment and cinfirm it isn't something wacky with your BI install. Delete the camera from BI and run the camera by itself with just the GUI - does the camera work correctly now?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Wittaj, I believe I answered above but I will post again here.

The network is as follows:

Internet > Modem > Router > BI PC Network Card 1 > Blue Iris > BI PC Network Card 2 (configured to deny Internet Access) > Unmanaged POE switch > 2 4kt's.

The network tests fine - I tested every cable I made, there are no crossed wires and every conductor is carrying a signal. This side of buying a £2k network tester, it's impossible to know signal integrity, but basic network tester shows no errors - only possible issue here is I used unshielded cable and the cable does cross some power cables briefely although I tried to make 90 degree crosses. I wouldn't say the issues are typical of interference though which I would expect more to show as picture artefacts.

So far as I can tell, the POE switch is working normally. It was brand new and all network connection lights are lit as expected. I also previously used the same switch when testing the TIOC camera without issue. The power budget is high at 60w for 4 ports and I'm not using the 4kt's LED lights.

The picture from the 4KT's is good and the issues seem to stem mainly from the strange logs - 1970's entries even after resets which clear them (all 1kb in size), the forgetting of settings (occasional) and more steady now since I reduced load off the cameras, and some other settings initially not working eg trip wires, which I now have working.

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
as for me. I have internet - route r- switch - outdoor water proof PoE switch with 8 ports and 120w PS built in - this camera. Also, coming of this outdoor switch is 4 5442, HikVision 180, TP link outdoor AP, TP link indoor AP. I have not made the attempt yet to update FW. iv been busy trying to get CPAI from triggering on bugs, clouds, tree shadows, etc.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Ditch motion in favour of trip wires in camera. Resize the minimum detect object in camera. Remove filtering from the camera to AI. Set up CPAI so it only works on a trigger from the camera. That should reduce your false triggers from the trees (don't put trips wires across distant tree canopies). Shadows are more difficult and I haven't found a way to filter these. Insects shouldn't be an issue with trips unless close to the lens. Don't use the in camera lights as these may attract them at night. That's the best advice I can offer from my limited experience of BI / CPAI.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ditch motion in favour of trip wires in camera. Resize the minimum detect object in camera. Remove filtering from the camera to AI. Set up CPAI so it only works on a trigger from the camera. That should reduce your false triggers from the trees (don't put trips wires across distant tree canopies). Shadows are more difficult and I haven't found a way to filter these. Insects shouldn't be an issue with trips unless close to the lens. Don't use the in camera lights as these may attract them at night. That's the best advice I can offer from my limited experience of BI / CPAI.
Thanks for the info. On your IPC-Color4K-T180, do you get a "event: subsciption 00000190"? So far I have 117222 and counting in by BI log.