IVS problems with IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am on vacation in the south of France and I have equipped a friend's garden with the new IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

The image is very good but that is not the problem :)

I wanted to activate the IVS for day and night detection, it may not work well at all.

I sometimes have detection 1 out of 5.

Where can the problem come from?

Here is the firmware V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20

and the video of the problem

BICK

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Delete that IVS and draw again and do not put a minimum target size - let AI do it's job. I would also consider drawing the top line up higher if the AI doesn't do it.

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am on vacation in the south of France and I have equipped a friend's garden with the new IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

The image is very good but that is not the problem :)

I wanted to activate the IVS for day and night detection, it may not work well at all.

I sometimes have detection 1 out of 5.

Where can the problem come from?

Here is the firmware V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20

and the video of the problem

BICK
I have the same issue IVS works great during the day but at night tripwire only worked one out of five times.
Intrusion didn't work at all for me at night. This is in the back of my house no light just ir.
In the front of my house there is a streetlight IVS works there at night.
For now I added Blue Iris Motion Detection night only leaving IVS on and it's working.
Right now I'm running a newer firmware I got from Andy .
General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.800.15OG000.0.T.200814.bin
I was just thinking about going back to your version tomorrow and try again.
Right now I'm thinking IVS just needs more light than I have at night.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes when IVS is actived exposure settings are 0 - 40 ms. But here there is 3 others cams with IR ON , i dont have problems with others Dahuas cameras.
And yes you are right in day mode all is running without problems ...
perhaps a bug on this firmware ?

BICK

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like it doesn't even attempt to recognize the person. What if the person walks the entire frame of view of the camera outside of the porch, will it recognize the person then?

Is IR on smart or Manual 100?

Only other thing I can think of is to adjust gamma and contrast and see if you can make the person pop a little more for the camera to recognize?

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes when IVS is actived exposure settings are 0 - 40 ms. But here there is 3 others cams with IR ON , i dont have problems with others Dahuas cameras.
And yes you are right in day mode all is running without problems ...
perhaps a bug on this firmware ?

BICK
I also have the same issue with the Bullet model IPC-B5442E-ZE running 2020-06-20 firmware.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Bick,
Try a zigzag Tripwire going across the scene along with a straight line like shown below. (of course more light and Im running color)
I also run max size = full window and min size both dimensions under 500

IVS-tripwire.jpg IVS-tripwire2.jpg

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Two things helped me.
1. I was reading here in the forum about reset the cam X3 times. It worked.
But here I'm talking about an IPC that could no more do any of the IVS.
2. Strange but some times IVS lines are totally ignored. I delete them and re-draw the lines until I get them in a way that the IPC line. More or less same lines at same locations with no change to the cam in between. some are perfect, some ignored and some are working only if the IPC have a good mood.
re-draw the lines until it's working perfect. that's what I can suggest.
good luck.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd experiment with Triplines instead of the intrusion box. I've had better luck with the tripwires at night. Also it could be a lighting issue as others have mentioned.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm making this post to pass on information, not necessarily saying you should follow it. Other users who have discussed it with me have a different result to the point that it looks like I'm the only one who has IVS problems with a 5442 series camera. I have three of the IPC-T5442M-AS, and with all but one firmware version IVS "sucks" for me. These cameras never see any vehicles. What I watch for are people and animals, mostly small animals. The firmware version that works for me is 2.800.000000.8.R . I've tried 10.R, 11.R, and 17.R, and they all almost never pick up the small animals. Person detection is great will all of them. As an estimate, I've loaded different firmware versions about 20 times trying to isolate the problem and I always end up going back to the 8.R version. I still have firmware upate fatigue, but when the next version comes out I'll probably be a fool again and waste a few hours trying it.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you performed the global setup?
global setup? where do you find it?
I know general at the setup but don't think I've seen global.

BTW, talking about the global setup, never got it: do you choose there between day/night or global or you may set there different parameters for day and night?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
global setup? where do you find it?
I know general at the setup but don't think I've seen global.

BTW, talking about the global setup, never got it: do you choose there between day/night or global or you may set there different parameters for day and night?
It tells you in the link I posted above.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the problem is that I am in black and white, in color there are no problems.
I have this problem only on this camera model, on models with fixed lens in series 5 no problem.

BICK