IVS problems with IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What if you use the smd function and mark the area from motion detection?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SMD is in theory an enhancement to regular pixel based MD. You have to use regular MD for SMD to have affect.

IVS in theory, is AI based and smarter. So things like line crossing, direction, appear vs enter, are possible. Finer control.

So on your example SMD can tell you a human entered the MD mask block, IVS can tell you it was a human entering from right to left and he crossed a very specific point.

At least that’s how I understand it.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SMD is in theory an enhancement to regular pixel based MD. You have to use regular MD for SMD to have affect.

IVS in theory, is AI based and smarter. So things like line crossing, direction, appear vs enter, are possible. Finer control.
I thought cameras with smd are better from the others that dont have? And it is more accurating using smd than ivs. But now you told me that i will using more ivs than smd function

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SMD adds a layer to regular MD. It is better.

IVS allows more precision and smarter event detection with more optional criteria and more sophisticated searching of recorded video

Again, thats how I understand it at a basic level

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Assuming that both are using the same method for human detection, and both were as reliable, you'd choose the one you need according to your scenario:
SMD would Notify you about moving person.
Some people are choosing between intrusion and line crossing. but in fact, if you want to control a gate and get notifications only about those leaving, you need line crossing.
The intrusion also have in/out directions but both the person that enters and the one that leaves would step in and out of the marked block when the pass the gate.
On the other hand, the line crossing (tripwire), would be less reliable if marked close to the edge of your field of view.
If you care about a humen movement in a big area, you've better use SMD and not draw X10 tripwires.

in other words, for some applications it's meaningless of you choose that method or another while for other applications, one of them would give you the solution you need for your scenario.
I use IVS to control the borders and set off the alarm and use SMD to easily find the human events (I record everything 24/7 but it's easier to check event that are already marked as events)

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
tested tonight with V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20 firmware

problem is the same

BICK

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
tested tonight with V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20 firmware

problem is the same

BICK
I am asking dahua for this issue, have you ever try this on the firmware 20200529? Looks like the newer firmware after June has some bugs.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Worked with my 5442 ASE bullet FW V2.800.0000000.6.R, Build Date: 2019-08-01

B&W/IR - But I still have a lot of light..

IVS-B&W-5442.jpg

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@bickford try downgrading to 5/29 and doing a factory reset after. 5/29 was the last stable FW per my notes and testing while we await the next test release.

I don’t see any issues day or night on mine but will specifically clear my config and run another tripwire & intrusion test tonight for you in zero light.

and to answer your question, No, B&W with IR should not make any difference vs color, trips and other IVS rules should work regardless.

For the other forum member that asked about the B5442, I did test 5/29, 6/20 on my B5442 and have not experienced this issue there with either of those.

HTH will report back

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bickford try downgrading to 5/29 and doing a factory reset after. 5/29 was the last stable FW per my notes and testing while we await the next test release.

I don’t see any issues day or night on mine but will specifically clear my config and run another tripwire & intrusion test tonight for you in zero light.

and to answer your question, No, B&W with IR should not make any difference vs color, trips and other IVS rules should work regardless.

For the other forum member that asked about the B5442, I did test 5/29, 6/20 on my B5442 and have not experienced this issue there with either of those.

HTH will report back
Is this the right firmware to try I got it from the Dahua Wiki? DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.16.R.200529.bin
If not ok anybody have a link for 5/29 firmware?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s the right one

Is this the right firmware to try I got it from the Dahua Wiki? DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.16.R.200529.bin
If not ok anybody have a link for 5/29 firmware?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@bickford

Just tested on 5/29 and on the latest test FW 8/14 and do not see this issue. Only light is IR from the 5442T Vari. Decided to show with simple IVS trips rather than wave based. Video attached captured from laptop to show IVS rule triggers. Would definitely suggest backing down to 5/29 then full factory default, setup trips again and report back. 1080p version is up

im327

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried full factory default 5/29 firmware then full factory default again.
Made four passes two in each direction got BI external alert only on the first pass.
I have a zig zag line maybe IVS doesn't do well with that at night.
It's raining here now I'll try tomorrow night with different lines and intrusion.
It has always worked in the day.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@im327 for testing, disconnect from BI completely. Reset the cam, setup IVS trips in the web GUI of the cam directly using IE, throw an SD card (if you have one) in the camera (helps when reviewing footage) and test locally first that way you can fault isolate as you go then introduce the pieces back into the equation.

HTH

I tried full factory default 5/29 firmware then full factory default again.
Made four passes two in each direction got BI external alert only on the first pass.
I have a zig zag line maybe IVS doesn't do well with that at night.
It's raining here now I'll try tomorrow night with different lines and intrusion.
It has always worked in the day.