just got home starting my computer and clicked on Blue Iris icon and got this

sergomel

n3wb
Reaction score
Have anybody tried upgrading "bad" BI to the newer version? did it fix certificate? I hate to pay for new subscription just to find out it will not fix certificate.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Have anybody tried upgrading "bad" BI to the newer version? did it fix certificate? I hate to pay for new subscription just to find out it will not fix certificate.
I don't know why it wouldn't work. I'm on his latest with none of these issues.

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Should be able to disable UAC and it will run? If you don't want to update.

How do I do that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This fix from the support department of BI will work with full functionality:

Download latest version of BI
Install over previous version
Pay for maintenance and support

Is this a dishonest scheme from BI to squeeze more money out of users?
The problem is many of us don't want to run a more recent version, even though my support plan is still active as I support what he is doing and will switch to CodeProject at some point, so I want to help him advance that by staying current.

There are the other workarounds that I guess many of us will do.

PlusPower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got the same problem running BI Version 4.8.6.3 on updated W10.
BI service doesn't seem to be affected.

I tried using FileUnsigner as this makes the most sense to me from what I read in this thread, but Windows won't let me modify BlueIrisAdmin.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------
RESULTS:

0: Failed trying to unsign C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe. Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe" wurde verweigert.

Next I created a batch file with the following content and executed it as Administrator:
FileUnsigner.exe "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe"

But this still doesen't unblock Blue Iris Console.
What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas how to resolve this without completely deactivating UAC?

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you/do you need to be logged in as admin?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I was always thinking about upgrading since I started with version 4 and upgraded to 5 in 2020. Well, I upgraded to 5.7 etc and the problem is GONE. Maybe a slick way to force upgrades? I don't know but I really need my Blue Iris so 34 bucks a year is worth it. On the plus side, I can't believe the upgrades that have been made. Wow.
Why would you think "its a slick way to force upgrades" if its clear that its a certificate issue
This fix from the support department of BI will work with full functionality:

Download latest version of BI
Install over previous version
Pay for maintenance and support

Is this a dishonest scheme from BI to squeeze more money out of users?
Yes it is.... Stop using Blue Iris immediately and search for a better alternative... It was obviously a scheme planned years ago dating back to the cert in BI4 (as those users have this issues as well)....why the hell would you trust these crooks with your home security. This is two intentional schemes back to back (the last was the license fiasco). Please let us know what alternatives you find. We all want to switch ASAP...Thank you so much.

Please post a screenshot of the email where they told you this is the solution. Ill wait.

Last edited:

ahmadmob

n3wb
Reaction score
Just use a file unsigner tool and unsign the few exe files in the root BI directory, no need to disable UAC and other windows security features using regedit for this to work. Just unsigned them and all fine.

Google "unsign tool softpedia" and download from the first link, tool should be only 7kb. Read the readme file inside to know how to do it, pretty easy.

I tried using FileUnsigner as this makes the most sense to me from what I read in this thread, but Windows won't let me modify BlueIrisAdmin.exe
Copy the BlueIrisAdmin.exe file anywhere on your computer (e.g. on your desktop), unsign it, then copy-paste it back to BI folder, make sure Blue Iris isn't running as a service and is completely closed since otherwise that file will be in use preventing you to replace it with the unsigned one.

Last edited:

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got the same problem running BI Version 4.8.6.3 on updated W10.
BI service doesn't seem to be affected.

RESULTS:

0: Failed trying to unsign C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe. Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe" wurde verweigert.

Next I created a batch file with the following content and executed it as Administrator:
FileUnsigner.exe "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe"

But this still doesen't unblock Blue Iris Console.
What am I doing wrong?

Any ideas how to resolve this without completely deactivating UAC?
Open notepad, Type "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe" (or whatever your correct file path is including the "") then click File>Save As and name it BI.bat and click the dropdown and select "All Files" then hit SAVE. Then right click that file on your desktop and select "create shortcut" Then right click the shortcut and select properties.. Then hit the Advanced button under the general Tab, Then select run as Administrator and apply and save.. Now click that file and blueiris will open as it normally does.

Last edited:

ChuckB

n3wb
Reaction score
If you find a fix, please let me know and I will as well.
I haven't paid for extended support for quite awhile, therefor I could not get the upgrades.... So today when that happened to me I thought what the heck, I bought another year of support and upgraded to the latest version of BI, and all was resolved after the latest version was installed.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Open notepad, Type "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe" (or whatever your correct file path is including the "") then click File>Save As and name it BI.bat and click the dropdown and select "All Files" then hit SAVE. Then right click that file on your desktop and select "create shortcut" Then right click the shortcut and select properties.. Then hit the Advanced button under the general Tab, Then select run as Administrator and apply and save.. Now click that file and blueiris will open as it normally does.
That's a quick way to save some time and it works, thanks!

Reaction score
Why would you think "its a slick way to force upgrades" if its clear that its a certificate issue

Yes it is.... Stop using Blue Iris immediately and search for a better alternative... It was obviously a scheme planned years ago dating back to the cert in BI4 (as those users have this issues as well)....why the hell would you trust these crooks with your home security. This is two intentional schemes back to back (the last was the license fiasco). Please let us know what alternatives you find. We all want to switch ASAP...Thank you so much.

Please post a screenshot of the email where they told you this is the solution. Ill wait.
Did you see the question mark???? That made it a question, not a statement. I upgraded and all is good. No need to get salty.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you see the question mark???? That made it a question, not a statement. I upgraded and all is good. No need to get salty.
made it a nasty accusation...I answered your stupid question.....no need to get salty..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does someone want to be the tester LOL.

Rumor is you can install the latest BI on a different computer (obviously it is in eval mode) and then copy that BlueIrisAdmin.exe file from that installation and replace the existing one in C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5 on your BI server and everything works fine like nothing happened and lets you stay on whatever V5 update version you are on.

I am guessing that the blueirisadmin.exe file must simply be a pointer to the actual install files?