just got home starting my computer and clicked on Blue Iris icon and got this

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does someone want to be the tester LOL.

Rumor is you can install the latest BI on a different computer (obviously it is in eval mode) and then copy that BlueIrisAdmin.exe file from that installation and replace the existing one in C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5 on your BI server and everything works fine like nothing happened and lets you stay on whatever V5 update version you are on.

I am guessing that the blueirisadmin.exe file must simply be a pointer to the actual install files?
There is absolutely no need to do this when there are several other perfectly good workarounds already posted.

LugNuts

n3wb
Reaction score
Open notepad, Type "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe" (or whatever your correct file path is including the "") then click File>Save As and name it BI.bat and click the dropdown and select "All Files" then hit SAVE. Then right click that file on your desktop and select "create shortcut" Then right click the shortcut and select properties.. Then hit the Advanced button under the general Tab, Then select run as Administrator and apply and save.. Now click that file and blueiris will open as it normally does.
thank you for these easy concise instructions...i suck at computer things and you just made my day so much easier ..i am up and running again :)

edited to add : i am using windows 10 and blue iris version 5.3.7.12 x64

Last edited:

PlusPower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Open notepad, Type "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\BlueIrisAdmin.exe" (or whatever your correct file path is including the "") then click File>Save As and name it BI.bat and click the dropdown and select "All Files" then hit SAVE. Then right click that file on your desktop and select "create shortcut" Then right click the shortcut and select properties.. Then hit the Advanced button under the general Tab, Then select run as Administrator and apply and save.. Now click that file and blueiris will open as it normally does.
Running BlueIrisAdmin.exe as Administrator doesn't solve the problem for me.
By the way I do have a license for version 5, just never had the time to upgrade and could live with this version until today.

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same thing with me this morning. I run Bitdefender and turned off antivirus module and BI worked fine. So I added an exception to Bitdefender and everything is back to normal.
First thing to do is check your antivirus protection before you go messing with the registry.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone else try this LOL for those that changed the UAC to not notify.

So I changed the UAC to not notify, but decided I was going to do the unsigner fix.

For kicks I went back in and changed the UAC back to the default and rebooted the computer and now it works again without having to do anything?

The certificate shows it is invalid still.

ahmadmob

n3wb
Reaction score
For kicks I went back in and changed the UAC back to the default and rebooted the computer and now it works again without having to do anything?
Someone in BI forum also posted it's working now without doing anything.. I wonder if BI did something? I am not on the PC with BI to test right now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone in BI forum also posted it's working now without doing anything.. I wonder if BI did something? I am not on the PC with BI to test right now.
I don't think it is BI, especially for someone that didn't update.

Even though we exclude BI and files from the anti-virus, I think something happened with an update with that - maybe it was going to throw up the caution for any program started even if excluded.

Or just coincidental, but I noticed the day it happened that BI worked in the morning and didn't that night and the security had updated in between. The security updated this evening again.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Just checked one of my two BI computers and it is back working without having to run the bat file. I wonder if something was done in the background to get it back working? I will check later tonight if my second BI computer is back working without the bat file. By the way, both computers have updates "paused" at the current moment. Update: My second computer is back to normal, no need to run the bat file. Both computers have Windows Updates paused until next month. It appears some background fix took place?

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I've just checked the BI exes, yesterday the Thawte cert was showing as "Disallowed" today it has "This certificate has expired or is not yet valid."

This is why it has started to work as the status of the cert has changed, a previously valid cert that has since expired can be be used and will continue to be valid, hence the exes now working.

This status change of the cert is probably nothing to do with BI, probably pushed out by Thawte via Microsoft?

RCC

n3wb
Reaction score
Any ideas as to why?
Looks like the antivirus was causing the problem. On Windows 11 I went to SETTINGS-Privacy and Security-Windows Security-Virus & Threat Protection-Exclusions, add or remove exclusion. Then add the BlueIrisADMIN.exe file from your program director.

PlusPower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now my Version 4 also works again without updating windows or BI and trying any other workarounds mentioned here.
Very strange.1692980167387.png

explorer74

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like the antivirus was causing the problem. On Windows 11 I went to SETTINGS-Privacy and Security-Windows Security-Virus & Threat Protection-Exclusions, add or remove exclusion. Then add the BlueIrisADMIN.exe file from your program director.
Yep, mines working again :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a possible explanation of the cause:
Holy crap, what a clusterF***.

And since all this (computers, software, certs) works so well and is never glitched or hacked by bad actors, we're supposed to sit still and watch our monetary system become completely digitized......"scary" doesn't even begin to describe what the future holds for us in that context. :wtf::confused: