Just installed a new Turret Style Low Light 4K Color Camera....

Dean-405

n3wb
Reaction score
It's great.... a real game changer in my night time security. Works great! There is a street light in my cul-de-sac that provides plenty of ambient lighting. I do not use the light on the front of the camera.... excellent visibility to about 350 ft. If long term reliablity holds up, I see replacing all of my cameras with low light color in the future.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's great.... a real game changer in my night time security. Works great! There is a street light in my cul-de-sac that provides plenty of ambient lighting. I do not use the light on the front of the camera.... excellent visibility to about 350 ft. If long term reliablity holds up, I see replacing all of my cameras with low light color in the future.
What’s the model number?

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't.
Those are analogue cameras, hard to compare.
Sorry - you are right. I got a little mixed up.

I meant in comparison to DS-2CD2347G1-L(U)|Pro Series (EasyIP)|Hikvision

I saw a video review from DVS of the Hikvision (the one with the link above) but it's hard to appreciate if it is at par or better than the NSC-NITECOLOR-DM2's review. I think Nelly's used a pretty good setting to show the true power of ColourVu capability in extremely low light conditions. Is there any possibility to replicate similar low light conditions and test for DS-2CD2347G1-L(U).

Also I believe NSC-NITECOLOR-DM2 isn't available in the UK!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry - you are right. I got a little mixed up.

I meant in comparison to DS-2CD2347G1-L(U)|Pro Series (EasyIP)|Hikvision

I saw a video review from DVS of the Hikvision (the one with the link above) but it's hard to appreciate if it is at par or better than the NSC-NITECOLOR-DM2's review. I think Nelly's used a pretty good setting to show the true power of ColourVu capability in extremely low light conditions. Is there any possibility to replicate similar low light conditions and test for DS-2CD2347G1-L(U).

Also I believe NSC-NITECOLOR-DM2 isn't available in the UK!
They are exactly the same camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any possibility to replicate similar low light conditions and test for DS-2CD2347G1-L(U).
There are a few comparative reviews for this model.
Here's one :

SpinnerRow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got two of them and they are great. The night vision is insane. Most houses on my street have little PAR20 up lights out front and about half the people on the street turn them on at night. It almost looks like a slightly overcast day at noon but only at midnight. I had two of Nelly's 202-BT bullet cameras with IR. Not even close to a comparison at night. Very happy with them so far. And as a bonus, they have sound! Thanks for the help on this guys.

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally got these - DS-2CD2347G1-LU .

For some reason I don't get the audio stream in the playback. The camera configuration is set as follows:
Video Type = Video&Audio
Audio input = 100 (max)

I can hear the camera audio in live view but I can't hear anything in playback.

Any suggestions?! Not sure what setting I am missing here :rolleyes::confused:

VegasTed

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed 3 Extreme Low Light IP POE Weatherproof Turret Cameras (NSC-NITECOLOR-DM2) six months ago. I placed a weak dusk to dawn solar powered light adjacent to one of cameras; the night time video looks really good. Daytime video is nearly equal to my 4k turrets. If I were starting from scratch, I would install NSC-NITECOLOR-DM2 all around.