Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
q2u if that last pic dont have any other lighting other than the cam i would say that is pretty impressive :)

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for that info!

I did found on craiglist someone that is selling cat6 , 1000ft for $100, but not sure how good is this cable
Berk Tek lan mark Cat 6 Plenum cable

I guess this is the cable here:
http://www.berktek.us/eservice/US-en_US/navigate_307467/LANmark_6_Plenum_Rated.html#description
"""Construction: 24 AWG bare copper wire insulated with FEP. Two insulated conductors twisted together to form a pair and four such pairs cabled to form the basic unit, jacketed with flame-retardant PVC."""

Not sure if is solid copper wire.

This here is the same i think:
https://www.amazon.com/10136226-Berk-Tek-LANmark-6-Category-Plenum/dp/B0076B00VA/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473607337&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=Berk+Tek+lan+mark+Cat+6+Plenum+cable

Thanks for the above links, i think i may have to start and get some good cable and tool,to get this done right, but that cable dam expensive for the full roll :eek:h:

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I did not do my own cable, i purchased it complete made from ebay or amazon. But i am thinking about getting a new cable for this Longse and re-install. I am not really good with choosing the right cable (construction of it) or the crimping job doing, as if you mess up 1 wire you can create a shorth or you may not get a video signal,so i decide to get complete made cable, cable is more than a year's old. (quality maybe bad too...but it did work for long time on my other ismart camera that went down)...
It is possible that the cable is at fault @patrocle. To test that premise you may want to pull the camera and plug it into your POE switch with a known good cable. If you decide to replace the cable, tell me the length...I'll add 20 feet and crimp you a Shireen Super Cable and ship it to you USPS Priority Mail it to you brother. This offer includes free shipping, unless you live in Guam or Gabon.

The Shireen cable is very stiff; it is solid copper 24AWG and includes a heavy aluminum foil wrapper,a drain wire and PET tape and a rip cord. It's very stiff when compared to most of the pre-made cables I used to purchase from Newegg.

shireen-cable.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is possible that the cable is at fault @patrocle. To test that premise you may want to pull the camera and plug it into your POE switch with a known good cable. If you decide to replace the cable, tell me the length...I'll add 20 feet and crimp you a Shireen Super Cable and ship it to you USPS Priority Mail it to you brother. This offer includes free shipping, unless you live in Guam or Gabon.

The Shireen cable is very stiff; it is solid copper 24AWG and includes a heavy aluminum foil wrapper,a drain wire and PET tape and a rip cord. It's very stiff when compared to most of the pre-made cables I used to purchase from Newegg.

View attachment 13270
Wow. This is some bad ass cable!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

View attachment 13270
Pm sent.

Also looks like my cam is offline again, day time.
I guess it goes when ever it wants.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
QUOTE=patrocle;124235]At all most 5Am
[/QUOTE]

It appears to me that @patrocle has mounted his LBW90S500 camera a little to high and -- as a result -- the camera's IR is being focused on this lawn, approximately 4-feet to 6-feet beyond his patio. It may be that lowering the camera will allow the IR to be cast further out into patrocle's back yard which may increase back yard night-time visibility.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
QUOTE=patrocle;124235]At all most 5Am
It appears to me that @patrocle has mounted his LBW90S500 camera a little to high and -- as a result -- the camera's IR is being focused on this lawn, approximately 4-feet to 6-feet beyond his patio. It may be that lowering the camera will allow the IR to be cast further out into patrocle's back yard which may increase back yard night-time visibility.[/QUOTE]

What about adding two IR Illuminators? That'll really brighten that yard up too? I'd be worried about the current camera being lowered and reflecting off of those poles and throw the sensor off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will be checking again the quality of the ir in the morning before i go to work (around 5 am+ ) as i think the quality was improved.
Will post results again , tomorrow in the morning.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@patrocle change your Blue Iris > Camera (LBW90S500) Properties > Video > Configure > Make to "Longse" (choose "Longse" from the dropdown menu) and save your changes.

Also, when you log into the camera with your web browser...make certain that your Configuration > Video > StreamType is set to "Single" and that your Configuration > Video > Profile is set to "Main Profile".

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@patrocle change your Blue Iris > Camera (LBW90S500) Properties > Video > Configure > Make to "Longse" (choose "Longse" from the dropdown menu) and save your changes.

Also, when you log into the camera with your web browser...make certain that your Configuration > Video > StreamType is set to "Single" and that your Configuration > Video > Profile is set to "Main Profile".

So that your Configuration > Video settings look like this...

LBW90S500-15.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I got your PM. Give me a week and I'll build the THREE cables you asked for. Do I have to drive out to CA from NY to install them too?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I got your PM. Give me a week and I'll build the THREE cables you asked for. Do I have to drive out to CA from NY to install them too?
Maybe you want to go to Disney land, then you can pass by :eek:nthego: :laugh:. I'm only 6 hr's away...
Priority mail is good too! Faster than driving here. Anyway, let me know when ready so i can send $ to you.
Regards,

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
First Q Man, Very nice job on the detailed settings and Videos you posted. My wife commented on the video I was watching of "Q" with a garden trowel in his hand and sweating, she said perhaps I can be more like him----GEEZE. Are you in upstate?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...My wife commented on the video I was watching of "Q" with a garden trowel in his hand and sweating, she said perhaps I can be more like him...
It matters not how hard I work...nor how good my work is...there's always sumptin' Mrs. Q believes I'm not doing that I should be doing instead. frypan.gif