Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500

pschmehl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope it's not a did you get what you pay for price. The seller of mistakenly lists the camera as 8 mm. It is not an 8 mm camera. It is a 3.6 mm camera which is stated correctly further down in the listing.
I looked at a Hikvision camera recently that said it weighed 550kg and was a dome camera when the picture was of a bullet camera. I notified the seller and he corrected it.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@patrocle Not SCREENshots of the camera interface bro...SNAPshots of your back yard that your LBW90S500 produces View attachment 13103
Hmm i understood screens of the internal settings too, and yes English is my second language! Like the other user said :culpability:

But here you go:
Day time:

I may have to play with the settings maybe to get it more clear , what settings do you have? Will have to read this thread from the first post maybe you put that info some where to have an idea how you set it
up. I also have the White patio at top and is white color and it may take some off the colors or at night ir may not work really good because of the white contrast from it.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm, so went to bed and checked the camera around 8:30pm my time and it was offline :sad: ! Looks like the camera had to say something...
So come back down stairs in my office and unplug it from the TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports (TL-SG1008PE) and plugged back in and all comeback to life.
Then i am up at 4:30 am again and camera if offline again, unplugged and re-connected and all works again! WOW...wth?

I have adjusted:
main stream 1 - frame rate to 10 fps and bit rate to 2048
stream 2 and 3 left them the way it was , except for stream 3 edit the frame rate from 15 to 10.

Hope this helps so the camera does not go offline.

In my tp-link poe switch i only have 3 cameras connected , so i don't think that the poe is overloaded.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@patrocle

Try playing with your WDR setting to show/lighten the backyard out to the fence better.

I run 10FPS with a 8192 bitrate. Try changing your bitrate to 8192, or at least 6144 or 4096.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@patrocle

Try playing with your WDR setting to show/lighten the backyard out to the fence better.

I run 10FPS with a 8192 bitrate. Try changing your bitrate to 8192, or at least 6144 or 4096.
"WDR setting" is that all the settings under "image settings" ? :eek:h:

And i did change my bit rate to 8192 , single stream and put 10 fps ...

The complete Longse / Herospeed LBW90S500 firmware interface settings tree is shown in this topic...

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13701-Complete-Longse-Herospeed-firmware-interface-settings-tree
Thanks for that informative info! Will change some settings to see if will drop signal again.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"WDR setting" is that all the settings under "image settings" ? :eek:h:
Image > Image Enhancement > Sensor Linear WDR

This setting may help you, or it may not. You have to test different WDR settings. In addition, while it may help your night vision, it may at the same time degrade your day vision; you have to see what different setting do to different ambient lighting.

LBW90S500-23.jpg

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks the WDR is best when set at "outdoor" & "moderate".

Now this morning i found the camera offline again and yesterday one time ,and i had to unplug and plug back in to re-connect and for it to work.
I have gotten one of this:
WS-PoE-Tester/Detector - Inline tester for power over ethernet, display from 20v to 56 volts, 0-5 amps,
and actively used power in 802.3af, 802.3at and passive PoE - while running at 10/100/1000 data rates
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SCMTMVG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here is the video that i capture from the test while the camera is working:

P= 10W? and on their specs it say 3 watts...Hmmm

Few pictures,see attached.

Now will have to wait for when ever cam goes down to see some readings.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that camera on a POE switch? If yes, try changing the camera to a different switch POE port. Are you are to swap out the cable? Did you do your own RJ45 connector crimps?

Does the camera go down during daylight...or only at night?

On a side note, make certain that your BI > Camera > Video > Configure > Receive Buffer is set to 20mb.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is that camera on a POE switch?
Yes, TP-LINK TL-SG1008PE

If yes, try changing the camera to a different switch POE port.
I had it on port 8,then 7 and now i moved it to 4.
Have port 1 for main cable for net, and then port2,3 and 4 for 3 ip cameras.
Using a ismart 8 port poe nvr for other cameras that i have.

Are you are to swap out the cable? Did you do your own RJ45 connector crimps?
I did not do my own cable, i purchased it complete made from ebay or amazon. But i am thinking about getting a new cable for this Longse and re-install.
I am not really good with choosing the right cable (construction of it) or the crimping job doing, as if you mess up 1 wire you can create a shorth or you may not get a video signal,so i decide to get complete made cable, cable is more than a year's old.
(quality maybe bad too...but it did work for long time on my other ismart camera that went down)
What type of cable you using? complete purchased? or purchased cable,connector,etc separate?
Thanks....

Does the camera go down during daylight...or only at night?
Yes this was at night, but will monitor the cam again for day time and night to see "when...is going down"

On a side note, make certain that your BI > Camera > Video > Configure > Receive Buffer is set to 20mb.
Ok will check this in few minutes.

Thanks friend!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was at 3mb, changed to 20.

Looks that the watt went down to 4w after changing to 20mb.

Attachments

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...What type of cable you using? complete purchased? or purchased cable,connector,etc separate?...
I use Shireen cable @patrocle and it is GREAT cable, in my opinion.

I cut and crimp my own cable. Crimping is very easy and these are the tools I use to crimp my own connectors...

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-VDV226-107-Compact-Ratcheting/dp/B00F6K5SY2

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Tools-15015-Jacket-Stripper/dp/B000FI2RVC

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-IDI86396-Position-Contact-Round/dp/B002FYL2V0

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.