Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know the rtsp address for viewing the streams on these cameras with VLC?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have it like this: rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.172/11

Anyone know how to find the path for : Snapshot URL and MJPEG url path?

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, so the most annoying this so far about these 2 cameras is:

I had them both plugged into the same PoE switch along with 2 other Hikvision cameras, and it seems like the 2 Longse cams are having trouble staying connected at the same time with one or the other dropping the connection after a while.

I moved one of them over to the 2nd PoE switch to see if that alleviates that particular issue.

The 2nd issue is that anytime the power cycles on them, their dates get reset back to 1/1/1970 00:00 even though I have them set to sync time via internet. What's up with that? That functionality just doesn't work?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There must be some configuration in your network. I have 3 Longse cams on the same POE switch with no conflicts.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, so the most annoying this so far about these 2 cameras is...
What 2 cameras are you referring to Brian. Model numbers please?

...I had them both plugged into the same PoE switch along with 2 other Hikvision cameras, and it seems like the 2 Longse cams are having trouble staying connected at the same time with one or the other dropping the connection after a while...
How are yoiu connecting to these cameras...with Blue Iris, with an NVR or via a browser?

...I moved one of them over to the 2nd PoE switch to see if that alleviates that particular issue...
And...did this resolve the issue?

...The 2nd issue is that anytime the power cycles on them, their dates get reset back to 1/1/1970 00:00 even though I have them set to sync time via internet. What's up with that? That functionality just doesn't work?...
Again, what 2 cameras are you referring to Brian. Model numbers please?

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
There must be some configuration in your network. I have 3 Longse cams on the same POE switch with no conflicts.
I don't think it's a network configuration issue per se, as this network has been rock solid for 3+ years with 8x 3MP Hikvision cameras that entire time.

I wonder if the Longse cams pull slightly higher wattage than the Hiks and having them both on the same switch along with the other 2 Hiks is pulling more than the switch can provide?

We'll see how it goes with them split up.

What about firmware for these things? Can I download it from Longse? Should I update to the latest? Will that solve the NTP time sync issue?

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received my Longse LBW90S500 a few days ago and unfortunately too busy to install for a while. I have been playing with getting it connected to my network and BI plus going through Q's screenshot's of the web settings mirroring mine to his. Still have some questions though:

1. Help > User Manual - Says to [FONT=&amp]Please download the web Plugin controls and install It when you login the IP-Camera at the first time! And then, Restart the browser! [/FONT]Using IE it wants me to install the Plugin again which I’ve already did… is there even a Help file? Assumed if Plugin wasn’t already installed you wouldn’t be able to view the camera’s web settings.[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

2. Help > Plug-in Installation - For Firefox browser, Left-click on the upper right corner of the browser "Open Menu" and select "add-ons" to find "LsNetClientCtl", select the "Always active". I'm not finding "LsNetClientCtl" it's not in Plugins… using Firefox 49.0.1. Currently using IE to view the camera's settings but Firefox is what I normally use as my browser.

3. DNS setting not sure what this is supposed to be. When I first used the IP Search Tool I noticed my Doorbell cameras DNS setting was 0.0.0.0 so I set the Longse LBW90S500 to the same. Later when going through Q’s screenshots of the Longse’s web settings I noticed he had the DNS set to the same as IPv4 Default Gateway. In Configuration > Basic Setup > DNS Server > Preferred DNS Server. So what is the correct setting I think it works either way?

4. DDNS - I’ve never used one before but signed up for NO-IP. In Configuration > Advance Setup > DDNS should I be checking the box and filling in the info? (Edit) fenderman answered this... thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need to fill the info for ddns..only one device on your network needs to update the server...use your router to do it.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally had time to mount my Longse LBW90S500 camera but would like some input. I ran cat 6 shielded outdoor cable connected to a Trendnet PoE switch Q had posted a link for. I mounted it on the southeast corner of my house where the arrow points to. My yard is pretty wide so I mounted it in that location angled to cover the most area. The camera fails to covers three fence sections to the left/south of the camera but I always knew I would need another camera mounted on the end of my house to cover 90% of the yard. These cameras are mainly for my wife to watch our two dogs in the back yard. One is basically blind and at times finds it hard to find his way back inside and the other is a pup that tries to get out (we think).

I included some snapshots including three taken directly from the camera. One camera shot is day time, one at night completely dark, and one at night when my security light has been tripped above my deck.

I used Q’s settings but guess I thought the image should be better while viewing a live feed. It seems a little grainy or something and really not that detailed. The only other experiences I’ve had with IP cameras is my doorbell camera and my mother’s Arlo and they both appear to have a better picture.

Is this just the quality of an $80 camera or are there some settings that can be changed to improve the quality of live feeds? Since I still need another camera I might be willing to spend a little more for something better and then swap out the cameras putting the better one in this location… if needed.
House with Arrow.jpg Camera Position.jpg Cam3.20161105_165047.jpg Backyard Camera with No Lighting.jpg Backyard Camera with Security Light Tripped.jpg

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems a little grainy or something and really not that detailed.

Is this just the quality of an $80 camera or are there some settings that can be changed to improve the quality of live feeds?
That was my experience as well.

I tried all kinds of different settings (started with Q's) and could not get the picture to the clarity that I expected. The daytime images were the worst (by far) while the nighttime images were good to great. The grass in your daytime image looks just like the grass in my images -- like a muddy (in terms of colors) mess.

Ultimately, I just went back to the tried and true Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I. Which for me (I have 8 of them) provides a much clearer daytime image.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Brian maybe the Longse LBW90S500 is what it is as far as daytime detail... you live and you learn.

If you're recommending the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 as a big improvement over the Longse I'm willing to take a chance on one. I know there's a lot to beware of when buying Hikvision in the states like version, software upgrades, warranty, and possibly other things.

Where do I order one of these to get the right version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian maybe the Longse LBW90S500 is what it is as far as daytime detail... you live and you learn.

If you're recommending the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 as a big improvement over the Longse I'm willing to take a chance on one. I know there's a lot to beware of when buying Hikvision in the states like version, software upgrades, warranty, and possibly other things.

Where do I order one of these to get the right version?
Dont buy the 2032...buy a turret camera....while you are at it, look at the dahua starlight 1080p varifocal turret reviewed by nayr...

Last edited: