Kindle Fire/Android as dedicated viewers (stability?)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind you don't need to pull full 1080p streams on those small screens. Throttle it back.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got a fire 8" kicking around, I wanted to do same thing. Especially profile switching. Until I cough up cash for an RFID reader for my maglock which would "disarm" blueiris once confirming user. Or, recognizing license plate. That stuff!

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you able to view alerts, etc using TinyCam Pro with BI? I just picked up a cheap Lenova Tab 10 that I"m hoping to convert for a dedicated BI camera viewer and I'm hearing good things about TinyCam Pro.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you able to view alerts, etc using TinyCam Pro with BI? I just picked up a cheap Lenova Tab 10 that I"m hoping to convert for a dedicated BI camera viewer and I'm hearing good things about TinyCam Pro.
No. Live video only.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried bringing up BI's built-in UI (webpage) over your LAN using Google Chrome? If not, insure BI is latest (or at least you install latest UI3) and bring it up:

Code:
http://BlueIrisIP:port/ui3.htm

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried bringing up BI's built-in UI (webpage) over your LAN using Google Chrome? If not, insure BI is latest (or at least you install latest UI3) and bring it up:

Code:
TonyR - I'll give that a try when I receive it. Thanks for the tip.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried that on my Mac using Chrome. Works quite well. Definitely will give it a try when the Android tablet comes in.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Code:
Since UI3 is now standard issue, shouldn’t the URL end with default.htm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since UI3 is now standard issue, shouldn’t the URL end with default.htm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Depending how old his BI is and how he upgraded his UI files in 'www' to UI2, then UI3; mine will bring up the old UI2 if I end in 'default.htm' then log in with a valid user/pass. For him, I figured ending in 'ui3.htm' would insure he has that Chrome compatibility which is why I suggested in my post #26 above to insure "... BI is latest (or at least you install latest UI3). If he does this, 'ui3.htm' should work great.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just checked and http://BI-IP:port with no specification for ui3 gets you to ui3. No need to specify "ui3" or "login". This is on BI version 4.7.6.1 which updated today.
Oh, well...

On mine, that brings up the UI3 'login' which in turn, with valid user/pass, bring up the old UI2 'default', which works but is not desired.

Again, having 'ui3.htm' at he end pretty much guarantees anyone the new UI3 launch after successful user/pass, regardless of their upgrade path (like mine, perhaps wrongly, but it works).

EDIT: just updated BI to same as yours, 4.7.6.1 and the above still holds true for me. Probably a glitch / foopah when I unzipped and installed UI3 before it became a part of BI. One day I'll delete and reinstall all of 'www' to make it right...for now, having 'ui3.htm' on the end is the way for me and should work in all cases for other folks as well, even though not needed when it was done correctly as yours is.

Last edited:

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You made me go back and double check, Tony. I originally installed UI2 then upgraded to UI3 somewhere along the way, back when we had to unzip into the www folder. Anywho, a double check using just the ip and port takes me to UI3. Adding UI3 to the URL will definitely insure that you get to UI3 but I wonder what's going on with yours. I just tried using UI2 on the URL, was looking at the www folder yesterday and UI2 is still there, and it results in a blank page. Which is normal, blank page or getting UI2 up, is beyond my limited knowledge. Another one to ponder, I guess.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, mine is strange (where have I heard that before?), but she works for now and as I work down my 'honey do' list and check off various doctor's appointments (getting old is a PITA), I'll straighten it out one day.

As you said (and why I advised the OP), using 'ui3.htm' should work for everybody and anybody if they have the latest install of BI.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, well...

On mine, that brings up the UI3 'login' which in turn, with valid user/pass, bring up the old UI2 'default', which works but is not desired.

Again, having 'ui3.htm' at he end pretty much guarantees anyone the new UI3 launch after successful user/pass, regardless of their upgrade path (like mine, perhaps wrongly, but it works).
Most likely cached in your browser; clean out cookies, history, etc and then try again...

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Made me look! Long-click on headphones doens't do a thing. A squealch is something you see on walkie talkie and radios. I suppose it has some usuability for survialance.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick question for those using Silk or Chrome for the kindle fire hd tablet and (Blue Iris UI3). Is there a way to make just the cams show full screen and not the alert/clips/flagged side? Just with the 8" screen real estate I'd like to just have the cams showing. Thanks in advance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Your user account(s) probably have their homepage set to ui2.htm. This is something you would have done ages ago and forgotten about. You can just clear that out or change it to ui3.htm.