Lag and delay in record

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Brazil, so I'm sorry for the bad English.

I have BI in my work and with 8 ip cam the system is ok, but now I put more and more cams, today I have 48 and the problems start.

any record skips several seconds on the recorder. ex("stops" at 18:45:21 and "returns" at 18:45:27)
I see the configuration, I read the manual, I use the purple 6x 6tb wd in NAS, the computer is a hp dl360p gen8 with raid 1 in 2x 300gb and 64gb of ram.
I try to record the location and after switching to the NAS, recording on the NAS, recording directly to dist (here is the disaster, the record remains horrible), I have no more ideas, the processor shows 25-26% usage, disk uses little, I change the camera setup camera to low resolution and the problem remain, i dont have more ideas, any idea to help me?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum.

If I under stand your specs, you have a dual Xeon e5-2600 with 64GB memory. The disk is a Raid with two 300GB drives.
1)Are you recording video direct to the NAS ?
2)Are you recording Video direct to the RAID then moving it to the NAS ?
3) what type of rain configuration are you using (mirror,raid 5, stripped....)?
4)What version of BI are you running ?
5) What version of windows are you running ?

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool if possible). I am assuming bi 5
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network....
2) Blue Iris Setting about tab
3) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
4) blue Iris status cameras
5) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

Reaction score
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum.

If I under stand your specs, you have a dual Xeon e5-2600 with 64GB memory. The disk is a Raid with two 300GB drives.
1)Are you recording video direct to the NAS ?
2)Are you recording Video direct to the RAID then moving it to the NAS ?
3) what type of rain configuration are you using (mirror,raid 5, stripped....)?
4)What version of BI are you running ?
5) What version of windows are you running ?

Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool if possible). I am assuming bi 5
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network....
2) Blue Iris Setting about tab
3) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
4) blue Iris status cameras
5) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots)

1-2) I try direct to NAS (lag) and in raid(lag too)
3) I try in raid 1, now i formated the server to raid 0
4) 4, i will try 5 after the server start
5) try in w7 64, w10 64, 2008 64, 2012 64

i will start the server to send the screen

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do not change anything yet. Lets go slow.

What is your current operating system on this computer ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I understand you have a dual xeon processor in the dl360p gen8 . Is this true ?
What is the exact processor number ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you get it up and running get the screen shots I requested.

I think that your problem is either
1) overloading the network
2) overloading writing the video files.

Now many disk drives can you put in the dell case ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You say lag and delay but then you describe a skip. Which one is it?
Likely are using limit decoding and the motion detection is not working right because of it.

Reaction score
in the server have only 2 disc 300gb in raid 1, the wd purple, in another pc with 2x network /1000, when record in nas the network show 10-15% uses.
i attach seconds record to see my problem, dont use the motion, continus to my job is best, very people walk, the image is now

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the NAS or the BI PC show any error in the windows error log
In general recording live video to a NAS or a remote disk drive especially with 48 cameras is a very bad idea. Doing real time record writes across a network is a bad idea

I would strongly recommend that you add a minimum of two 4TB drives directly to the Xeon server.

Reaction score
Does the NAS or the BI PC show any error in the windows error log
In general recording live video to a NAS or a remote disk drive especially with 48 cameras is a very bad idea. Doing real time record writes across a network is a bad idea

I would strongly recommend that you add a minimum of two 4TB drives directly to the Xeon server.
no erros, i will send the pictures, but two 4tb to recored and after move to nas?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, record video to the two 4TB hard drives, 24 cameras on each drive. Then the full complete files are move to the NAS. You will not be writing records to the NAS only full files. This will improve performance and reduce network traffic.

You will have to find the correct drives to fit into the dell. I am not sure if 2.5 or 3.5 inch drives. Or if they are SAS or SATA. You will need to check the specs on the DELL server

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
assign each drive to a folder in BI, like AUX1 and AUX2. Then you assign each camera to a folders. When you get that far I will provided screen shots.

Please proved screen shots...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
in the server have only 2 disc 300gb in raid 1, the wd purple, in another pc with 2x network /1000, when record in nas the network show 10-15% uses.
i attach seconds record to see my problem, dont use the motion, continus to my job is best, very people walk, the image is now
Are you sure you have it set properly to continuous and NOT trigger+continuous? Also remember that those options are profile specfic.