Lagging and Trailing Videos.

Bluediamond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Its been a long time since I have posted here as I have had 0 issues with my setup since installation till today where I started to notice that the recorded videos some of the motion shots are now lagging and people are creating what I can describe as trailing. I have restarted the system, and keep my Software's updated I and BI is running on the latest 5.3.6.1 Windows Defender does not run on drive specified at all and this complete setup is on a 1G fiber setup.

Issue:
.20201204_082949936.1.jpg
.20201204_082953776.2.jpg

Configurations and bitrates:
  • 2MP x3 (4096)
  • 4MP x2 (8192)
Screenshot 2020-12-04 111720.png
Screenshot 2020-12-04 114246.png

Cameras:
x2 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
X3 IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE
Firmware: 2.800.0000016.0.R
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
Memory: 16GB
BlueIris: CPU 20% RAM 2.0G

I am not sure how long its been this way as recording 24/7 has a funny way of setting it and forgetting it type of situation. It wasn't till recently when my wife and I where trying to select a location to plant a tree that would no obscure our cameras that I realized this Anomaly.

Any assistance would be greatly apricated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This will probably not be a BI issue. Looks like a cam issue.

Bluediamond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This will probably not be a BI issue. Looks like a cam issue.

Thank you samplenhold I have actually looked at that many times. The only thing I can think of is do Firmware Updates RESET all you camera settings and usually keep 3D NR On and grade at 50.

Reaction score
I doubt a firmware update will fix this. What is the shutter speed? Are other cams showing the same issue? Or just this one cam?

That sure looks like either Noise Reduction Ghosting or Motion Blur as described by @wopi82

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This looks like ghosting that is seen with blue iris if not properly setup. This does not look like motion blue or noise reduction.
Ensure your iframe intervals in your cams match the fps or are at most double the fps.
Dont use smart or + codecs
ensure that intel graphics is set to max in the windows power options
are you running this machine headless? if so you may need an hdmi emulator.

Bluediamond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This looks like ghosting that is seen with blue iris if not properly setup. This does not look like motion blue or noise reduction.
Ensure your iframe intervals in your cams match the fps or are at most double the fps.
Dont use smart or + codecs
ensure that intel graphics is set to max in the windows power options
are you running this machine headless? if so you may need an hdmi emulator.
Can you be more specific where I can find these settings for me to double check. Intel graphics are at Maximum Performance. The only changes I have made since the first setup was the trying to do a night/day shift on the camera I have since changed is back to Auto and for some reason Sub Streams where on and I turned them all off again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you be more specific where I can find these settings for me to double check. Intel graphics are at Maximum Performance. The only changes I have made since the first setup was the trying to do a night/day shift on the camera I have since changed is back to Auto and for some reason Sub Streams where on and I turned them all off again.
they are in the camera
are you running the system with a monitor or headless?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do a screen shot of the camera setting in the camera (NOT BI). one screen shot for each camera type. Camera setting have frame rate, iframe, bit rate, quality....

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cameras look ok to me.

You have your two 2 MP cameras not using hardware acceleration, do you have blurring problems with them. ?
On the three 8 MP cameras you have hardware acceleration turn on, turn it off and test for motion blur ?
Are you using sub streams for motion detection ? is so which cameras ?