Latest low light capable Turret?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was thinking of moving away from my domes which are constantly giving me IR issues. Looking at the Dahua 2mp starlights, but moving there will also require changing out my NVR or buying a new pc and Blue Iris. Would rather stick to Hikvision if it makes sense.

Is there a "current" turret that competes well with the Dahua 2mp Starlights? Looking possibly for a few fixed lens, 1 or 2 varifocal and possibly a PTZ, though may stick with fixed lens all around (2.8mm, 4mm and 6mm).

Thx!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was thinking of moving away from my domes which are constantly giving me IR issues. Looking at the Dahua 2mp starlights, but moving there will also require changing out my NVR or buying a new pc and Blue Iris. Would rather stick to Hikvision if it makes sense.

Is there a "current" turret that competes well with the Dahua 2mp Starlights? Looking possibly for a few fixed lens, 1 or 2 varifocal and possibly a PTZ, though may stick with fixed lens all around (2.8mm, 4mm and 6mm).

Thx!
yes hikvision has low light turrets...see the hikvision low light threads..they dont have the built in mic though like the dahua...blue iris is a good choice regardless.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision 2335 turrets are excellent low light cameras. I’ve switched most of my outdoor cameras out for 2335s

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nelly’s has a rebranded Hik PTZ in 2 and 3 MP. The 3MP has very good low light capability but does suffer from IR flare a bit.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes definitely. I have the 5 and 8MP models in that series and there is no comparison with low light performance of the 3 MP

Mike Oz

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone use a specific vendor for purchasing the DS-2CD2335FWD? I purchased one via ebay and they sent a 2355 instead (I think that was it, it was 5mp), not the "ultra low light" version.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are hard to find with 4 and especially 6mm lenses. B and H has 4mm and you can also find them on aliexpress

Ugc

n3wb
Reaction score
China Secutity Wholesale On AliExpress has been a dependable supplier for me. They ship quickly and use DHL.