Latest New 20180813 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea

Discussion in 'EmpireTech Andy' started by EMPIRETECANDY, Aug 31, 2018.

Share This Page

1. jrf

jrf Getting the hang of it

Anyone notice any autofocus issues with this firmware? A few of my IPC-HDW5231R-Z cams when I hit autofocus they just can't seem to ever focus correctly. I use the Day/Night utility so I don't really use the autofocus in the cam...but still looks like an issue. I tries, focus's out and then in very quickly...then slowly back out but never hits focus and stops. Anyone else?

2. Philip Gonzales

Philip Gonzales Pulling my weight

When I updated my cams using the PAL firmware it set the shutter speed to 1/25. This caused auto focus to be very blurry. I changed my shutter speed to customized range form 0-30 and now auto focus is working correctly. I forget what I had it set to before so I will need to dial it back in tonight. Check your shutter speed setting?

EMPIRETECANDY likes this.
  3. jrf

jrf Getting the hang of it

Interesting.

Mine does this in full daylight, exposure on auto, auto iris (my usual daylight settings) and autofocus misses every time. Just for the heck of it I changed to manual shutter speed like you said above. Same results. It starts by moving the focus quickly towards near...then goes all the way in and comes back out rather quickly towards far...it gets real close to where the autofocus would be...but then starts heading back towards near very slowly...goes all the way in...then comes back out slowly...and never makes it. Very repeatable.

4. dastrix

dastrix Young grasshopper

I have 2 x 5231R and the sub stream 1 resolution differs, anyone know why? 704x480 vs 704x576

Will a firmware update bring the 704x480 up to 576?

5. jkn

jkn Young grasshopper

I just recieved my 5831/5231 cameras from Andy with the latest firmware and noticed that it says 'Config File' with drop down selections of 'Config1 / Config2 / Config3' is that Day / Night / Normal?
    Is it true I can no longer schedule when the camera sets to a Day or night profile?

How are you guys adjusting Shutter Speed, can you only do that with Blue Iris? 20180913_210744.jpg

6. aristobrat

aristobrat Known around here

@jkn, if you http:// directly to the camera and use the cameras web interface, you'll have more options than adjusting the camera through the NVR. If your NVR is PoE, this will probably requiring plugging your computer into the NVR before your computer can connect to the camera.

7. jkn

jkn Young grasshopper

I do have a epoe nvr but I couldn't see my cameras when I connected my Mac to the nvr (I have 7 cameras plugged in at once + Mac Laptop). I updated my lan tcp/ip in the range of my cameras but when I hit the cameras ip on the Mac I get nothing. But I can hit the nvr using the subnet. Something else I need to do?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. flangefrog

flangefrog n3wb

This firmware is missing the ivsNaclConfig files (they are in 2.640.0000002.0.R, although that version has it's own problems) so IVS setup doesn't work in the NACL Chrome plugin.

9. Alexei

Alexei n3wb

Is this firmware ok to use on IPC-HFW4239T-ASE as stated in first post as the filename in the firmwares start 5x3x and not 4x3x ?