Latest UI3 Update Issue *Fixed*

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed Blue Iris 5 had an update the other day which included updates to the UI3 interface. Ever since I installed the update UI3 is very laggy, I now get the orange timer showing in the upper right corner indicating streaming issues and it is almost impossible now to use my PTZ. Any way to downgrade to the last UI3, it worked perfectly for me and was very responsive, never had lag. TIA

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, I am running a i7-4770k with 4 cams at 14% CPU. I tried playing with the resolutions in UI3, and even at 720p when I click the movement arrow on the PTZ it moves a full 10 seconds later.

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reset my modem and restarted the server, seems to be working now. Shout out to bp2008 and ruppmeister for all their work on UI3, I literally rely on this every day!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad the old "restart everything" trick worked. Most stream delays are caused by misbehaving antivirus software, but that guess would have been way off!

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I respect guys like you! Our IT guy at work always starts with "try restarting it," that comment is always met with a scoff. SOB it worked this time. Thanks BP..keep up the good work!