Laview Doorbell Camera issues

Elroy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had this camera a week and have encountered numerous issues. I've contacted support and their last response was: "it's a known issue we are currently experiencing. You are more than welcome to refund the product since you are having difficulties with the unit. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you." So, basically they were no help. Before I return it, I thought I would see if anyone here could help out.

I installed the doorbell cam, connected it to my wifi, and everything seemed to be working fine. I was able to connect via the app, view the camera and got notified when someone rang the bell. I tried to login to the camera via a browser and was unsuccessful. I tried every different combination of username/password I could think of (ie: admin/adminABCDEF *with ABCDEF being the verification code, the username/password I used while setting up the doorbell, etc.) and nothing worked. I pressed the reset button on the side of the doorbell and it rebooted but connected right back to my WiFi. Still unable to connect via a browser. Last night, the doorbell rang and the chime inside the house kept buzzing. I opened the doorbell camera and reset it again. Now the doorbell won't ring in the house and I no longer get a notification when someone presses the doorbell outside. I've also had zero luck connecting it to Blue Iris.

Laview Doorbell camera (Model #LV-PDB1520F1)
Device Version: V1.4.62 build 171219

Any help would be much appreciated. TIA

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had this camera a week and have encountered numerous issues. I've contacted support and their last response was: "it's a known issue we are currently experiencing. You are more than welcome to refund the product since you are having difficulties with the unit. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you." So, basically they were no help. Before I return it, I thought I would see if anyone here could help out.

I installed the doorbell cam, connected it to my wifi, and everything seemed to be working fine. I was able to connect via the app, view the camera and got notified when someone rang the bell. I tried to login to the camera via a browser and was unsuccessful. I tried every different combination of username/password I could think of (ie: admin/adminABCDEF *with ABCDEF being the verification code, the username/password I used while setting up the doorbell, etc.) and nothing worked. I pressed the reset button on the side of the doorbell and it rebooted but connected right back to my WiFi. Still unable to connect via a browser. Last night, the doorbell rang and the chime inside the house kept buzzing. I opened the doorbell camera and reset it again. Now the doorbell won't ring in the house and I no longer get a notification when someone presses the doorbell outside. I've also had zero luck connecting it to Blue Iris.

Read here: Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR
It's all the same Hikvision cam rebranded.

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought this doorbell too and installed it last weekend. I haven't encountered the problem you are having with logging into the web UI; although I have two other problems. I did need to login as "admin" in all lower case, despite Hik SADP enforcing the admin login with an uppercase "A". Also, if you're not using Internet Explorer (not Edge) on a Pre-Windows 10 OS, you might have the issues you described. What worked for me and in general to access all Hik camera web UI settings and functionality is to browse the web UI in Google Chrome with the IE Tab extension in Windows 10.

The other problems I'm having are:
  1. Distorted images when alerts emails are sent via BI and too many false alarm alerts through the LaView app - I'm troubleshooting various combinations of settings now to see if I can isolate the problem.
  2. Mechanical chime buzzing - I've upgraded the transformer from 16VAC to a 24VAC in an attempt to fix the problem and contacted LaView support which they're supposed to send me a "power booster" to install inline to stop the chime buzz.

Attachments

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Elroy,

Numerous issues with browsers and cameras. As browsers get more secure less video streaming apps which are not actively updated are no longer functioning.

Definitely look at the notes, double check your browser / browser settings. I know others have gotten it to work well enough, so don't be discouraged.

Reaction score
Adding the resistor that came with the doorbell cam across the contact points of the mechanical chime silenced the buzzing/vibration of the piston.

But the video issue on the camera appears to indicate a defective unit. After a reboot, the doorbell reset itself and now can no longer be configured to connect to a wireless network. Will probably need to RMA it

Reaction score
Seems the video distortion was caused by dropped frames as posted by fenderman in another post, disabling hardware decode fixed it. Below is what is working consistently for me in Blue Iris

Hardware Decode - No
Decoder Compatibility Mode - Yes
Add Resistor that came with doorbell across both posts of mechanical chime

I also upgraded the transformer from 16 VAC to 24 VAC, although I did this before the above changes so I'm not sure if the changes could've succeeded with the old transformer (tested output with a multimeter).