LaView LV-N5216D6E Request for Expertise

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you need to setup the motion detection first before the Gmail part? There is absolutely no good instructions anywhere and the videos are old and suck.

southsidej

n3wb
Reaction score
Not, I don't believe so. I had email working first before I figured out the motion because I recall that it would send an email when I hit the "Test" button, but not when there was actual motion until I changed the setting in the camera itself. I do also recall that email would only work using SSL, and that I had to get an updated firmware from LaView support before SSL would work with Gmail. Perhaps you need that update. I would contact Support and ask them for the latest firmware if you still have email problems.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ronmac, I was able to get motion recording working by doing the following on each camera individually. I unplugged the camera from the NVR, then connected my laptop directly to it using a PoE injector and hardcoding my laptop IP address to one in the same subnet as the default IP address of the camera; logged in using default ID/PW and turned on motion detection. Once that's done, connect back up to the NVR. This was the only way I could get the motion setting to be persistent.

On the email front, I used Gmail's recommended settings for SSL.
Laview is telling me to update firmware on the cameras. "You will need to first connect one camera directly to the router along with a working power adapter. Thereafter, please use SADP (IP Search Tool (SADP)) to find the IP and log into the camera using the credentials:..."

If I buy a POE injector, can I just unplug the cams from the NVR into that and update them or do I physically have to remove each camera from my house and do the upgrade as they suggest?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
can I just unplug the cams from the NVR into that and update them or do I physically have to remove each camera from my house and do the upgrade as they suggest?
It sounds like the cameras are plugged in to PoE ports on an NVR.
If so - it would be much easier to temporarily change the IP address of the PC to be in the same range as that used by the NVR/cameras, connect the PC to an unused PoE port, and access the cameras directly for updates.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It sounds like the cameras are plugged in to PoE ports on an NVR.
If so - it would be much easier to temporarily change the IP address of the PC to be in the same range as that used by the NVR/cameras, connect the PC to an unused PoE port, and access the cameras directly for updates.
OK I'll try that. Do I set it back to what the IP address was before when done?

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmmm. SADP tool won't do anything when connected to NVR. Changed IP address to one in the DHCP range where I presume the cameras are and tried one near the NVR.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance of the NVR model and cameras - we're assuming these are re-badged Hikvision? If so, SADP should show them.
Presumably the NVR web GUI shows you the IP addresses of the cameras connected to the NVR ports.
In which case, with the PC IP address temporarily set to an address in the same range, when the PC is connected to an unused NVR PoE port you should be able to point the browser at the camera IP addresses.

Ronmac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The cameras all list the same sender IP address, subnet mask, gateway and dns servers. They all have what seem to be different MAC addresses perhaps. I do not see different ip addresses for each camera anywhere.

robbinh00d

n3wb
Reaction score
I hate to zombie this thread...but has anyone figured out how to convert these Laview LV-PZ804N4 cameras to Hikvision? They seem so dumbed down when they have so much more potential.

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
This LaView NVR LV-N5216D6E & IP camera LV-PZ804N4, aka, NC-GR2400 are not manufactured by Hikvision. It is manufactured by HANGZHOU ZENOINTEL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.

192.168.1.5 is a LV-N9808C8E which SADP tool recognizes
192.168.1.6 is the LV-PZ804N4, aka NC-GR2400 IP camera

both NVR LV-N5216D6E & IP camera LV-PZ804N4 have a 6 character password limit. Meaning password maybe 1 to 6 characters, alpha numeric only, no symbols.

NVR manual camera adding method, a 6 character password may be entered & protocol set to ONVIF. Where as the LV-N9808C8E with firmware V3.4.62 requires a 8 character password minimum for activation. Unfortunately a LV-PZ804N4/NC-GR2400 can not be added to Hikvision branded NVR due to the password limitation.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is the latest firmware for this Laview LV-N5216D6E? I checked the LaView site and it shows LV-N5216D6E_V4.1.0_20160603.rar. Is that really the latest? I emailed their support but no reply yet.

I remember emailing support when I bought this thing new off Newegg. I got a slightly later firmware version direct from them. That was probably first quarter 2017.

The LaView firmware/software seems to suck. Is there something newer than on their website? Their latest website firmware download seems slightly older than what I have here reference image attached.

Or if I can upgrade to a more generic unbranded version of firmware with more potential please let me know where to get it.

Attachments