LaView ONE Dot question

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Tony, ..They were going to send me the Laview LV-PW65382 but even though specs on Laview's website says it has ethernet port, it doesn't. ..
.. I'd go with the LV-PWR302, the one with the Ethernet port.

And that's based on a picture, specs can be misleading and wrong...what a PITA!
HI @m4paws I agree with @TonyR

Definitely go with the LV-PWR302

Really sucks that it is getting to be a real challenge to determine what is a locked down camera and what is not due to misleading spec data, false data, lack of data, ...

very frustrating.

m4paws

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, Mat, I just told them that's the one I want. I had also emailed Laview about their misleading specs. This was their answer:
Hello,
The PWF604 is not Onvif Compliant and does not have an ethernet port.

The LV-PWR302 is Onvif compliant and does have an Ethernet port, but it does not support PoE. (it comes with a power supply so I'm assuming I don't really need PoE anyway)

The LV-PW65382 is also Onvif compliant, but does not have an Ethernet port. (their documentation states it does have Ethernet)

So I think you guys are right, out of my choices, it's the LV-PWR302. They really need to update their documentation. So many bad reviews on Amazon were due to people not being able to log into the camera. Their documentation says to use Admin and the password is 12345. Turns out that is false and for the password, you use Admin+vertification code on bottom of camera, and type in all caps) How in the world would they expect people to just figure that out on their own?!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Their documentation says to use Admin and the password is 12345. Turns out that is false and for the password, you use Admin+vertification code on bottom of camera, and type in all caps) How in the world would they expect people to just figure that out on their own?!!
Right! I sometime read amazon reviews looking for the 'bad' and I found this also but I thought it applied to a PTZ. BTW, often the review will NOT be for the product you're looking at but another model by the same mfg. You really have to be on the lookout!

m4paws

n3wb
Reaction score
I know with Amazon reviews, it's tough to find what you're looking for. I usually start out with the lowest rated just to see what people are saying. I've also discovered that if you click "show all reviews" and then further sort it by "format" you can choose which item you want to see reviews for if there's more than one item listed. I think I shop at Amazon too much!

I wouldn't be surprised if the thing with the password on the Laview cameras applies to all their cameras.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the thing with the password on the Laview cameras applies to all their cameras.
Depends on the camera and firmware... password length maybe longer in some cases due to the malware / virii attacks... iirc someone mentioned one w/12345678

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I also purchase way too much on Amazon, and I use reviews to anticipate product problems...and when I read "it quacks" over and over and over again I become reasonably convinced that it's a duck and I pass. While I'm certain that many reviews are faked, in my opinion, you simply can't drown out a customer who received a bad product and is pissed off enough to let his or her fellow shoppers know about it. As a result, if the reviews keep quackin' then I keep searchin'.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strictly wireless for this one, but with easy wifi connection

If you would like to find one with ethernet port, i would recommend the LV-PWR302 too. But for me, a complete wireless ip camea is ok as long as i can connect it with wifi successfully. BTW, It seems all the 3 cameras have ONVIF.
Thanks for the info, I was initially just trying to assist @m4paws with his endeavor; I'm really not in the market for cams at the moment. Only one of my 7 cams is wireless and its the only one that gives me issues from time to time.

But thanks again for the info; it very well could help someone else.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I know with the ONE Dot, I was able to access it via my desktop pc, but only through software, and not directly via ip address in a browser. That way I was able to get into the camera's settings (the android smartphone app has no image settings and very few camera settings). I think I should probably just go with the PWR302 since it does have ethernet and supposedly is ONVIF (which I hear is something good to have in an ip camera, still reading the wiki :)
implieece is a SPAMMER. The spammer has also used the screen name
"joyce". Edited by Fenderman

Last edited:

m4paws

n3wb
Reaction score
implieece is a SPAMMER The spammer has also used the screen name
"joyce". Edited by Fenderman

Hi,
I got a LaView One Dot too, and like it very much so far, easy connection and good clarity.I have added it to my existing home kit,and it works well. I am wondering to buy 2 more. @m4paws
I don't know this poster, but in general I wanted to address the LaView ONE Dot. It is a good camera for a basic camera that is wifi and cloud services as I have learned. I was able to use it with the LaView NET Client desktop software. The desktop software I think is good, but no help files at all makes it very difficult to initially set it up. My own problem with the camera was that the documentation on the LaView website has a wifi camera manual that is generic so may not apply to your specific camera. In that document, it indicates the camera has an ethernet port, but the LaView ONE Dot doesn't have an ethernet port and I wanted a camera with ethernet so I could connect it to my router. The camera can still be set up via wifi and if someone doesn't care about ethernet, then it's a decent camera and actually the picture on it is pretty nice. I do think LaView needs to update their documentation as it can lead to disappointment. They also need to update the documentation to tell people how to sign into the camera with the correct password.

If this poster does in fact work for LaView, then I hope they can take these comments and use them to make some improvements to their documentation as they will end up with much happier customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thx for the heads up, re: implieece and joyce. What a waste of time for well-intentioned forum members.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know this poster, but in general I wanted to address the LaView ONE Dot. It is a good camera for a basic camera that is wifi and cloud services as I have learned. I was able to use it with the LaView NET Client desktop software. The desktop software I think is good, but no help files at all makes it very difficult to initially set it up. My own problem with the camera was that the documentation on the LaView website has a wifi camera manual that is generic so may not apply to your specific camera. In that document, it indicates the camera has an ethernet port, but the LaView ONE Dot doesn't have an ethernet port and I wanted a camera with ethernet so I could connect it to my router. The camera can still be set up via wifi and if someone doesn't care about ethernet, then it's a decent camera and actually the picture on it is pretty nice. I do think LaView needs to update their documentation as it can lead to disappointment. They also need to update the documentation to tell people how to sign into the camera with the correct password.

If this poster does in fact work for LaView, then I hope they can take these comments and use them to make some improvements to their documentation as they will end up with much happier customers.
The camera is 100% garbage. You just don't have any knowledge of IP cameras to know the difference. That is the purpose of this forum.

Last edited:

m4paws

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, just an update. I got the Laview PWR302, which I believe is very similar to a Hikvision DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW. While I've read that you cannot access the webpage with the Hikvision, I am able to access the Laview PWR302 via webpage once I connected it to my router via ethernet and installed the webcomponent plugin. I'm also using Laview's client software on my pc, which is also very similar if not identical to the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software.

So far, this camera is working great and has a nice picture. For a low cost wifi cam, I"m pretty happy.

I'm slowly learning and the resources here are great. Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it.