led floodlights with motion sensing

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't see dimming on this flood light's spec sheet. Do you remember which specific ones you got?
I bought my lights at Home Depot a couple of years ago. I do not remember the exact model. However it was not overly expensive.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Just the 2 at the garage and the one at the front door. All 3 stay in color but would switch to B&W in the event lights went out. There are others set back about 15ft on the left/right side of the house watching the fence gates leading to the back. So no real risk of losing anything from a switchover
What focal lenght are those 5442's

sdipcam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just the 2 at the garage and the one at the front door. All 3 stay in color but would switch to B&W in the event lights went out. There are others set back about 15ft on the left/right side of the house watching the fence gates leading to the back. So no real risk of losing anything from a switchover

I get an email and a “ding” alert from the NVR push to idmss.

Yes the floods were triggered, but I knew about him 20ft before he got to the vehicle, see the big bush between the driveways just behind the garbage can? PIR motion alarm (Guardline) unit hiding in the bush shoots across the end of the drive. Sounds an alarm on the receiver 3ft from my noggin in the bedroom.

He was caught the next day as Sheriff knew who he was and where he and the other local druggies were hanging out. He hit quite a few cars that night.
Another question, how much light do your dusk to dawn coach lights produce? Or what is needed for camera to be on color mode? I'm looking at these: and am wondering if they light would be too weak from them.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The bulbs I have in them are 100 watt equivalent. 13W LED and put out 1200 lumens.

That said, there is other ambient light in the scene as you can see. Neighbors have lights on, and there is a street light 150ft away . So conditions are going to be different in every case.

The biggest benefit is light (like the coach lights) shining outward from the camera, Backlighting shining towards the camera will produce a silhouette condition on the subjects the camera sees and by itself would be counter productive.

The other thing to think about is not every camera needs to run in color mode at night. A good B&W IR image can still give you great detail, sometimes better than color if you dont have enough light. Dont feel like running color at night is the only option. I have 12 cameras around the house and only 3 run color at night.

sdipcam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The bulbs I have in them are 100 watt equivalent. 13W LED and put out 1200 lumens.

That said, there is other ambient light in the scene as you can see. Neighbors have lights on, and there is a street light 150ft away . So conditions are going to be different in every case.

The biggest benefit is light (like the coach lights) shining outward from the camera, Backlighting shining towards the camera will produce a silhouette condition on the subjects the camera sees and by itself would be counter productive.

The other thing to think about is not every camera needs to run in color mode at night. A good B&W IR image can still give you great detail, sometimes better than color if you dont have enough light. Dont feel like running color at night is the only option. I have 12 cameras around the house and only 3 run color at night.
The one I picked has 775 lumens and its only 1 coach light on the entry from backyard which is pitch black. The camera will probably be at 18 ft high, while the light is around 7 ft high. Will it hurt to have an always on 775 lumens light there? I do have a floodlightI could shine there as well. I guess I can always either turn everything off if that is better for camera. Or any combination of turning on coach light and floodlight to keep the area light enough. But all these combinations make it complicated for me to pick out camera I think.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Posted here also......:wtf:

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since the bot already revived the dead....

Anyone know some decent security floods that remain in a dimmed/low-light state dusk till dawn and then un-dim and go full blast on motion? Been searching but apparently i dont know the technical term for what you call those. I keep coming across bluetooth dimmable garbage etc..
I found one on amzn but it wasnt really to my liking.

I got a couple places i think with some dimmed lighting i can keep 5442's in a forced color state until needed like Red was talking about.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since the bot already revived the dead....

Anyone know some decent security floods that remain in a dimmed/low-light state dusk till dawn and then un-dim and go full blast on motion? Been searching but apparently i dont know the technical term for what you call those. I keep coming across bluetooth dimmable garbage etc..
I found one on amzn but it wasnt really to my liking.

I got a couple places i think with some dimmed lighting i can keep 5442's in a forced color state until needed like Red was talking about.
Under one manufacturer they call it Dualbrite. Here's one product: