Let's see what today holds

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
As the wife and I were turning in for bed last night, there were two uniformed and one plainclothes investigators in front of the house pointing out the cameras.

They said between themselves that it was too late to knock but they'll be by today.

I wonder what went down last night? Guess I'll find out soon!

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
They were probably wanting to tell you that you finally need to fill the hole where you can't get good face captures until they turn, but they always turn the other way and you can't get the captures. ;)

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
They were probably wanting to tell you that you finally need to fill the hole where you can't get good face captures until they turn, but they always turn the other way and you can't get the captures. ;)
LOLOLOLOL

Hey, if they want to help out with the install of the hidden cams at street level I'd be more than happy to accept their assistance!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I think theyre wonderin why you dont have those runway lights installed yet...
So I am!

I'm really hoping my friend has the energy on Friday. He's finishing work at my MIL's house and it's been more work than he expected. Now seeing how much more work cement structures are I can appreciate how easy I had it in Canada with wood framing and drywall!

Decided to install the lights where they'll be more easily accessible. There's a solar flood light in both locations so I'll just replace those. Only caveat is that I know the lights will go out for a few minutes when something does happen!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I could have used it on Friday! An electric scooter was stolen and I think it was in a truck that passed in front of my place around 2:30am It looks like a red scooter in the box of the truck (open box) but forget about getting a shot of the plates at that time of night without dedicated LPR.

Looking to make the move to BI with LPR via CodeProject later this year. If I have enough lighting, I may be able to get away with the street level hidden cams but we'll see. Until last week, there wasn't a need to get a plate.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
or probably they will recommend you to install cameras around the city. Let me know, I may go and help you!
They've deployed tonnes of PTZs in the streets. Not every corner but they definitely have some decent coverage.

That being said, the cop I usually deal with said that a lot of footage is better than most of what he's seen.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They've deployed tonnes of PTZs in the streets. Not every corner but they definitely have some decent coverage.

That being said, the cop I usually deal with said that a lot of footage is better than most of what he's seen.
Maybe you'll get a subsidy check from the Cuban government for your cameras in the mail soon.:p

Reaction score
So even with tonnes of visible light, IR is still required?

I'm interested to see what happens when I get my 20k lumen lights up.
Most here use a dedicated cam for LPR. Also, most people do NOT have enough street light to run an LPR cam in color at night. So at night, we use IR to light up the plate and the rest of the shot is black. See the LPR forum, and these threads:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So even with tonnes of visible light, IR is still required?

I'm interested to see what happens when I get my 20k lumen lights up.
Yours will be interesting. You have lots of light, but it is the direction it comes from. I have 33,000 lumens on the front of my house and zero chance for LPR in color.

I think similar to mine, yours will be hitting more the side of the car than the back.